The elemental book of 5000 spells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE that book!

I LOVE that book and the other huge one she wrote, what is it, the Encyclopedia of Witchcraft maybe? Lots of good spells and some wild reading as well!

Comment

I sort of want to get that book but it's so big. Haha. It would be hard to hide in my room. Maybe once I get my own place, I'll check it out.

-Be Witchy- -Be Cute- -Live Happy-

Comment

i bought it last year and its um-interesting...

Comment

Omg :o

OMG, it is so weird I should come across this post because I actually have that book (as well as the Elemental Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Theresa Cheung).

I find it weird because altough I know NOTHING at all about Witchcraft, spells, etc. I saw this book and for some reason I just HAD to have it. It is also weird because I was thinking of posting pretty much the same question that was posted here to make sure I didn't get ripped off or something.

Ok now I know this will sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering if the spells are good for all paths or is this book for use of a particular path?

I got the book for £7.99 through my book club which was a fantastic price as other places sell it for about £15

Comment

Originally posted by soul_searcher View Post
            OMG, it is so weird I should come across this post because I actually have that book (as well as the Elemental Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Theresa Cheung).

I find it weird because altough I know NOTHING at all about Witchcraft, spells, etc. I saw this book and for some reason I just HAD to have it. It is also weird because I was thinking of posting pretty much the same question that was posted here to make sure I didn't get ripped off or something.

Ok now I know this will sound like a stupid question, but I was wondering if the spells are good for all paths or is this book for use of a particular path?

I got the book for £7.99 through my book club which was a fantastic price as other places sell it for about £15
            I'm not aware of the "Elemental Encyclopedia of Witchcraft" by Theresa Cheung. Most people in this thread were talking about a similarly named book, "The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft" which was written by the author who also wrote "The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells," which is Judika Illes.

The books Judika Illes wrote cover a lot of different types of witchcraft including Wicca and non-Wiccan varieties. They really are encyclopedias in that they cover a huge amount of material. Neither one is really a handbook for a specific form of witchcraft. If you are looking for a specific denomination (such as Gardnerian Wicca) you might want to check out the relevant tradition descriptions at Witchvox and then look for the recommended reading list provided there for the one you want to explore.

Ben Gruagach
            MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
            author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
            visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
            read my LiveJournal blog
            find me on Facebook

Comment

Hi Ben,

Yes, I know what they were talking about I also have The 5000 Spells book I was just mentioning that I also had the Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft as it is from the same publisher. Sorry for the confusion

Thank you for the link, I will be checking it out. I was trying to ask (rather incoherently) if the 5000 spells book was for a specific type of witch/pagan/etc. or if all types can use it.

I think I probably do not make too much sense when I have these crazy headaches. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help.

EDIT: I just double checked and I a complete fool at the moment. That book I have is by the same author of that 5000 spells book. The one by Theresa Chueng is called The Element Encyclopedia of The Psychic World and it is one on my to get list I feel like a complete idiot right now and I should probably just stop posting before I get on everyones nerves :S
              Last edited by soul_searcher; October 3rd, 2006, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_searcher View Post
                Hi Ben,

Yes, I know what they were talking about I also have The 5000 Spells book I was just mentioning that I also had the Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft as it is from the same publisher. Sorry for the confusion

Thank you for the link, I will be checking it out. I was trying to ask (rather incoherently) if the 5000 spells book was for a specific type of witch/pagan/etc. or if all types can use it.

I think I probably do not make too much sense when I have these crazy headaches. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help.

EDIT: I just double checked and I a complete fool at the moment. That book I have is by the same author of that 5000 spells book. The one by Theresa Chueng is called The Element Encyclopedia of The Psychic World and it is one on my to get list I feel like a complete idiot right now and I should probably just stop posting before I get on everyones nerves :S
                Merry Meet, These books are good references, but remember, the Spells you write yourself have more of your personal Energies in them, and are stronger!! Don't worry if you have never wrote one, just use the coorespondenses part of one of the books to see which God or Goddesses to Invoke, read up on them, and also look up the proper day or time to do the Spell. Write a ryhme for the spell that asks for what you want/need, it doesn't have to be fancy. If you have an Altar set up, use it, if you don't know how to set one up yet, don't fret, just light a white candle. You can check out Altar setup on my site for Solitary Witches, Frozen Pentacle, it is at http://frozenpentacle.tripod.com If you get a password box, just hit'cancel' and it will let you in. If any newbies need help, you can always post here or feel free to e-mail me for help, I'd be happy to help those new to the Path.
                Last edited by icefire_wiccan; October 22nd, 2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: mispellings
                Blessed Be, Icefire

Comment

Working...
                X