No announcement yet.

Samahin, quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, if you want to be precise (for whatever reason) - Samhain is when the sun is at 15* Scorpio. Archaeoastronomy.Com lists Samhain as falling on November 7th this year. Or, if you want to be really exact, the crossquarter moment is at 7:22am CST.

Or you could just celebrate on 10/31 like a lot of people.

Or celebrate on the nearest weekend (like the other large chunk of people do).

It's all up to you. *shrug*

sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Bast-Mut

~ dreams of horn ~ feather and flame ~ wings of flame ~

Comment

Originally posted by Meirya View Post
      Actually, if you want to be precise (for whatever reason) - Samhain is when the sun is at 15* Scorpio. Archaeoastronomy.Com lists Samhain as falling on November 7th this year. Or, if you want to be really exact, the crossquarter moment is at 7:22am CST.

Or you could just celebrate on 10/31 like a lot of people.

Or celebrate on the nearest weekend (like the other large chunk of people do).

It's all up to you. *shrug*
      Our group doesn't buy into the Oct 31 thing - we leave that for parents and their kids. Normally- in our group-Sabbats are done on the correct astrological day - using above site - this year, we're doing it on this coming Sat. Sometimes you have to be practical and pick the best day for you.

Anything wrong with the 31st thing? Nope-energies are strong then too precisely because there are other pagans/witches doing magic then, as well.

BUT--know why you chose that day or the astronomical day. Don't do it just because someone says so. Read, do your research on your own and make up your own mind.

JMO and YMMV

Elise
      *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
      The Mysteries aren't secret.
      They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
      There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by pearls59 View Post
        know why you chose that day or the astronomical day. Don't do it just because someone says so. Read, do your research on your own and make up your own mind.

Yes! Exactly.
        sigpic
        My artwork is for sale!! Visit http://etsy.me/dIFblg. Support a starving artist!!!! (Please... I'm hungry!) [email protected]

Thanks to Faeawyn for my banner.

Comment

Working...
        X