ill while creating your wand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ill while creating your wand???

I read somewhere not to enter a circle if you are ill of health. Well, right now I am sick at home and have started creating my wand and am wondering if it will do anything to it if I work on it while I am sick? It might be a silly question, but I don't want to do anything to it unknowingly.

Also, I was wondering (if it's not too personal) what engravings, and other additions you have on your wand??

Thanks!
    Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Try not to concentrate on being sick while working on it. In general doing magical work could be disrupted by feeling unwell, and many people believe if your body isn't well you can't concentrate on your focus and intent in spirituality. However I think it'll be ok to make your wand.

And my wand is a metal sculpted rod with a dark marble on one end to ground and gather energy and a chunk of amethyst on the other end to focus.

Comment

yes...i was going to say more or less what Myst said.

but my wand is a branch that fell off of a dead tree that i used to sit under when i was little because it felt sacred to me. it has intricate little lines from worm tunnels, like a network of labyrinths. it's beautiful enough to not need any additional engravings or ornaments, and because of its significance to me it feels more powerful than any of the fancier wands i have tried.
      "can't we just put away the ancient history-
      throw up our hands at the Unsolved Mystery?"

-they might be giants

Comment

I think of any magical working as moving flows of energies. The reason they say not to do magic when you're sick is that it could disrupt the flows of energy. If you feel up to it, go ahead. But if you feel too tired, take a break. Another thing is that you could be taking energy from what your body needs to recouperate too.
        Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

actually, that's a very good point about saving my energy. Thanks for your input!
          Thanks!
          Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

Comment

Hope you're feeling better.

Comment

thanks wildchild!
              I am getting over a nasty bout of the flu. I think I'm pretty much out of it now, just resting up.

Comment

hehe I don't usually use a wand, although I have something like one. . . a nice piece of driftwood that fits in my hand perfactly, can really magnify my energy, and it has lots of little holes worn through it just PERFECT to stick crystals in, if I ever get the feeling to. Although "stick" as I call 'him' has a personallity -_-; I swear, I never before met a STICK who thought he was god's gift to women. . . I have had more than one "conversation" with Stick . . . more like me being exasperated ^^:;;; I know I know, it's strange, but I have strange relationships with my tools!
                "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
                We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Comment

actually I think that's really cool, and i hope to have a relationship with my tools as well, as I gather them and bond with them, eee! I'm so excited!

thanks for sharing!

Comment

what about my wand?

i'm confused

- ill
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Cast out of Olympus by the Site Gods
                    Email: [email protected]
                    AIM: MayKen007
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    No community rules for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                      what about my wand?

i'm confused

- ill
                      Haha! :D

Comment

Working...
                      X