Tips for a newb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curious.Cat.freak View Post
    That was my result... and thank you this seems like it could help alot of ppl descover who, and what they believe in.
    No prob, glad it helped. It's a popular quiz around MW for just that reason.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

My tip to newbies is to start exactly where you are, even if you don't have a name for it, and it doesn't fit any particular path. Honor what you honor...if you can't find a ritual or practice...do what feels right. Things become clearer as we practice them.

We find out what works and doesn't work for us. There will never be a time when all your ducks are in a row, when you've got all the right knowledge and all the right stuff...so just start exactly where you are. That was the best way for me to find out where I was, what I believed and what was truly useful and significant for me.

It may feel funny at first, but that's ok...you get brownie points for trying! It's a process, like a kid learning to talk and walk and then ride a bike. There will be spills, and victories and laugh out loud moments. And allow yourself to enjoy the process...don't say "I'm just a newbie...I don't know what I'm doing, this isn't real yet." It is real...there won't be one day when you've totally arrived (but there will be perfect moments) what you do now is just as valid as what the old timers do...as long as it's authentic.

have fun.

cheddar
      In a love affair with sunshine

Live this day like an altar to what you believe

Comment

careful with who you trust. there are lots of people with good motives who know what they're doing, but there are also peole who have bad motives and/or dont know what they're doing and its dangerous.

also, you dont have to fit the tradition of others too. its about your path.

Comment

And read, read, read.
          sigpic
          Tallwoman

Comment

Working...
          X