Finding your Path, How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcherCC View Post
    Ok let me rephrase it, I am not looking for a specific path (I wouldn;t turn one away if it came along) just what bits work for me and what bits dont.

From what (little) reading I have done none of the established 'group' paths or such seem to fit me.

So i am not looking for a path as the parts of the path that work, and the parts that dont.
    i think what everyone is saying, read up on different paths, get as much information as you can and go from there.

people are just giving you advice based on their past experiences.

Comment

There's a lot of great advice here already, so I'll just add this: don't assume you'll only have to do this once.

I thought I was on "the path" for me for almost 6 years before I became aware that parts of it simply were not working for me. Did I change? Did the tradition change (not as farfetched as it might sound: it's a very young tradition)? Or was the issue that, as time went on and I became more confident in myself as a person and a Pagan, I became less willing to simply "smooth over" the places where the tradition and I were a rough fit?

I don't know, and I think it doesn't matter much. What I do know is that, suddenly, a new path presented itself to me that is "the path" for me for now. I'd like to think it's the path for me, but I thought that the last time, too.

What I'm taking an awful lot of words to say is this: even when you find a path that feels right right now, keep exploring. Keep learning about other traditions. You never know what's coming next.
      If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
      helps you feel your life protects you,
      cradles you and connects you to everything.
      Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

I didn't 'find my path' until I realized that I wasn't looking for a path, I was looking for a label. Most of the time labels mean finding the category closest to what you believe and then compromising on the parts that don't really fit.

If you're compromising your beliefs, are you really following your path?

Be you. Do what your heart tells you. If you happen to bump into a label down the road that matches perfectly, hey - that can be handy. If not, there's plenty of room over here in the 'Pagan - Other' room.
        Come visit me at www.darkbirdy.com

A set of photos of my altar and home.

Comment

If a guide sees this, you may close this thread, my questions have been awnsered.

Comment

I'm glad.

We don't generally close threads though so not to worry. Sometimes they lead to further discussion later on.
            Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Are you talking about the "Beleif-O-Matic" quiz? That quiz isn't very helpful to many people (it listed me as a "Quaker"!). This is going to sound very cliche but it's true. Listen to what your heart is drawn to. Do you feel especially interested/drawn to a Deity or Pantheon in particular? If so, read as much as you can about them, how they were worshipped, and especially their mythology. Follow your intuition, wherever it leads. That's really helped me along my path.

Good luck.

Comment

I don't know if people are called to one thing or another. My spiritual path is simply the best way I can relate to the divine.
                I implore you in God's name, not to think of Him as hard to please, but rather as generous beyond all that you can ask or think.
                -- Abbe de Tourville

Comment

It will take time. Don't rush. Follow your heart. Do you feel a connection or are you drawn to a certain pantheon or deity? Read as much as you can about them.
                  Remember to keep exploring and let your heart be your guide.
                  Last edited by Whitewolf; July 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM.

"Madness takes its toll, please have exact change".

-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]sigpic

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/White_Wolf1

My Paganspace page: http://www.paganspace.net/profile/whitewolf51

Comment

Working...
                  X