my first attempt at moving forword in my pagan life..and have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first attempt at moving forword in my pagan life..and have questions

Hello everyone...first post..hopfully i put this in the right section.

Ok everyone i would love if anyone could help answer these questions...if not it's cool.

So I've been meditating for awhile now (though not on a regular schedule...need to work on that) and for the most part I'm pretty much new...I've read basics for about 2 years and I'm now trying to put get over that hump of living a christian life when i was young and moving forward and just "doing it" instead of keep putting it off.

so onto my story...then questions. (I'll try to be brief). So I've been trying to open up my 3rd eye for awhile now because whenever I'd meditate I'd feel pressure there all the time but when i come out of meditation and ground myself it's gone and I've asked multiple people and they say it's just my 3rd eye trying to open. So yesterday i picked up a chevron Amethyst and last night / this morning...i did a mediation laying down with the amethyst on my third eye. because i was listening to a program about astro travel i thought I'd start doing a technique that they mentioned and visualize a rope above your head and try to picture yourself or what would be your soul...or whatever you want to call it climbing up it....well something actually happened my body had that all over sensation of it going to sleep (that tingle feeling).

then i saw an eye (this part is a little fuzzy to me) but it was moving and it looked like what i'd say a spider body with an eye on top of the body...i kinda sensed fear (then again this was my first time doing anything of this nature) but some how i knew i was safe...then all the sudden an angel (well it looked like an angel to me...very typical) picked me up away from this spider/eye thing though it wasn't like in first person....kinda how i thought it would be. i knew he had a hold of me but my perspective was above him (the angel). then he dropped me and i came back out of my mediation...kind of forced...like the dropp knocked my concentration.

oh yeah and when going into this state my eyes flickered like crazy, but i kept them shut as best i could...since i can't seem to get in a meditation state without closing them

So thats my story now my questions are...does anybody know where i was exactly...was I in the astral, mental, or emotional plane...or is that something i will have to figure out with practice?

And when having these experiences is it normal to get multiple "camera angles"?

anyway thanks so much if anybody can help answer these questions...and sorry if someone reads this and they feel like they have wasted there time.

Welcome from a fellow newbie(ish)! And I would like to start out by saying “THANK YOU!” no seriously… I have always meditated/traveled what ever you want to call it, in a third person point of view and I was never really sure if that is normal or not… I’m still not sure but knowing that someone else had or has the same sensation makes me feel a little more confident that its not THAT abnormal… not that being abnormal is bad but I digress.

As for your questions I’m sorry I can’t be more help… I’m not sure were you where though I have a feeling you where in the mental/emotional plain, the place in your subconsuse, behind your eye lids… not sure why I think that other then the feeling I get that most people go their first as an automatic reaction when they are starting out, sort of a defensive meconsim. Again can’t be sure, don’t have much experience myself…

As for doing it regularly… *blush* I’m not to good at sticking with it either and I REALLY want to… but the more I think about it the more I think its best not to force yourself to try if your just not feeling it on a particular day.
    神の恵みと祖先の恩とに感謝し
    明き清きまことをもって祭しにいそしむこと。

Kami no megumi to sosen no on to ni kanshashi
    Akaki kiyoki makoto o motte saishi ni isoshimu koto.

I am grateful for the blessings of the kami and my ancestors
    And will practice my faith with brightness, purity, and sincerity.

敬神生活の綱領
    Keishin seikatsu no koryo
    Commitment of Life Devotion

- 'Shinto Norito' by Ann Llewellyn Evans -

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome. well I just moved to a new place and i'm jobless so i got plenty of time so yeah right now i'm trying very hard to start on a regular everyday schedule for meditating...i've been a huge fan of Christopher Penczak's writings and i'm so far keeping with the studies and doing the "homework" in the books. so far so good though i have just started out but since i've had that experience it gives me reason to pursue my studying even more and work harder.

I will say thankyou to you too since technically that wasn't a question but i wondered if it was normal too with the whole 3rd person thing...wasn't sure if i was mentally forcing images in my head, and the 3rd person thing made me think that might have been it.

as for the eyelids i think your right because i had to start over because they did overcome me and i had to start back at square one with the meditation.

thanks for answering my questions or at least the ones you could...i'm sure that the other question is just one that in time and experience i'll learn on my own but now is not the time...I think that i went WAY ahead of my training as a beginner anyway and i shouldn't be doing that type of stuff (at least to me) without finding out how to protect myself first....then again i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmaer View Post
        thanks for answering my questions or at least the ones you could...i'm sure that the other question is just one that in time and experience i'll learn on my own but now is not the time...I think that i went WAY ahead of my training as a beginner anyway and i shouldn't be doing that type of stuff (at least to me) without finding out how to protect myself first....then again i could be wrong.
        I just noticed you didn't get many responses and as I read this I realized, that's because you've given yourself the right answer.

Keep practicing regularly, protection work can never hurt.

As to whether you were in the astral or not, no one can tell you. Given time and experience you might learn to evaluate what seems like the astral rather than your own brain chatter, but the truth is there are never solid lines on that. Through energy work I think all of us admit we may just be crazy or making it up. The trick is deciding when it's useful to do so, and when it's not.

The multiple perspectives (camera angles) thing seems to be common from what I've read.
        Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

It's like watching a very well-crafted movie, but experiencing it as though you're really there at the same time. My eyes flicker like mad when I'm consciously plunging into the astral planes. Sometimes, I keep them open a little and I've been told that my eyes totally glaze over then before they start to flicker.

From the sounds of it, you were attempting an astral travel but got no further than the archetypical symbols of your own subconscious. That's really good for your first actual travel of this kind, especially because you recognised that it was "how you thought it would be". In time, you might learn how to break out of that state and travel further. It's fun to explore your own subconscious, though, and it's a very good training ground until you're a bit more secure in what you are able to do when you travel. Most people are pretty content to stay there, too.

It's a defense mechanism of your own soul to first redirect you to your subconscious mind. Most things you will encounter on that level are good in nature, but some things might seem pretty whacky or might feel a bit threatening because they're related to things like your fears and irrational thoughts. You might see this as some kind of a 'portal' through which you can access all other planes. I personally have always imagined my subconscious mind to be something like the Wood Between The Worlds from the Chronicles of Narnia, with pools of water being the entrances to other worlds... a left-over from my childhood and the early training I've had... so maybe you can create something similar to work with!
          Can you touch the root that feeds us?
          Can you hear the words that I say?
          Can you feel the music move you?
          Can you feel alive today?

Comment

Working...
          X