Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Pagan Bible?

Hi all,

I am new to this... and with out sounding totally naive is there such a thing as a Pagan Bible?

if not would you recommend some good reading to a person who wants to learn all she can?

Thanks for your help!!

No, there is no such thing as a Pagan Bible. There is no central Pagan religion. I recommend that you visit the New Pagans section of the site to begin your search. There is a HUGE amount of information there, including many book recommendations.

Good luck!
    Our Rules|Copyright Policy |FAQ

It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
    It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
    And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
    Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

~From Ulysses, by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Comment

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by NewWolf View Post
        Hi all,

I am new to this... and with out sounding totally naive is there such a thing as a Pagan Bible?

if not would you recommend some good reading to a person who wants to learn all she can?

Thanks for your help!!
        The Necromonicon.

Because I feel bad for popping in without a serious answer (guilty conscience just this once type thing) I agree with Athena-Nadine's advice.
        Last edited by Caitlin.ann; August 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

There is a Witches' Bible, by Janet and Stewart Farrar.
          Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
          Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

There arent "bibles" per-se

Lots of books, and lots of things to sort out for yourself. Everything from books on druidism, to Solitary Wicca, to shamanism... thre is a LOT to process when you are first beginning, and I would suggest personally, that you read up on as much as you can in all sources, and strat following the things that suit YOUR spiritual needs best.

Most find that the more they research into it, the more they begin to feel "Wow, this is what I have been doing all along anyways!" and it just starts to grow naturally from there.

So dont look for just *one* particular book, look for ALL of them and dig in to see if you find the ones that really speak to your own spiritual needs.

"There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism. "
            George Eliot (1819-1880)

"... Make Sure To Build Your House Brick By Boring Brick, Or the Wolf's Gonna Blow It Down" ~ Paramore

Me on deviantART Click Here!

Wolfie does not PLAY games... I WIN them!

Comment

And to save monies, go to the library or do A LOT of online research. The economy is going south and books are expensive.

Comment

We don't need one. Our beliefs are our own individually so what someone might write down may not apply to your beliefs.
                Why worship in a building of wood, when you can worship in a grove of trees

Comment

Originally posted by Sacredsin View Post
                  The Necromonicon.
                  OOOOOO, thats meannnn *points*

I agree though, that particular book is similar to a Bible for sure

I always thought Cthulhu had a halo around his head

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
                  मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
                  ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Stimpson View Post
                    OOOOOO, thats meannnn *points*

I agree though, that particular book is similar to a Bible for sure

I always thought Cthulhu had a halo around his head
                    Mwahahaha, couldn't help it..I just couldn't resist.

Believe it or not..I've never read the Necromonicon. Thanks for the points.

Comment

Mwahahaha, couldn't help it..I just couldn't resist.

Believe it or not..I've never read the Necromonicon. Thanks for the points.
                      what a coincidence...

I havn't either :D we can read it together!

मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥

Comment

Yay! Friends + reading = precious moments.

I feel like a noob..hasn't every pagan read that book?

Comment

Yay! Friends + reading = precious moments.

I feel like a noob..hasn't every pagan read that book?
                          no, every Magician has read that book. There's even a whole strain of thought around the Necronomicon... but not everyone has. I have a few editions on my computer though

But alas, back to the question at hand. I suppose in some ways one could see the Gardnerian Book of Shadows as being a Wiccan Bible... but not all Wiccans are Gardnerian.

मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥

Comment

Umm..my biography? Soon to be published.

Every person has a book thats special to them so the books would depend on the practitioner.

Comment

And to save monies, go to the library or do A LOT of online research. The economy is going south and books are expensive.
                              I second this, there is a great resource call "Sacred Texts" that has a lot of great material on it.

Here is a link http://www.sacred-texts.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X