Which hand to use for drawing energy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hand to use for drawing energy?

Does it matter which hand you draw energy in and out of? I have a prayer that I love, but it speaks of drawing in energy with the right hand and releasing with the left.

Now I just read that on an energy exercise, to draw the energy in with the left hand and push it out with the right.

Are both correct? Meaning, go with your intuition (which is what I usually do)?

I don't think it really matters, honestly.

Comment

I think your best bet is to go with your intuition. What feels comfortable for you? If you don't feel totally comfortable with what you're doing, chances are you won't get the results you're seeking.
      sigpicSkatha

Comment

Some traditions describe it as follows:
        The hand you use to write mostly, is the one directing and sending. Supposing you have two hands, the other one is the drawing hand.
        Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
        Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor View Post
          Some traditions describe it as follows:
          The hand you use to write mostly, is the one directing and sending. Supposing you have two hands, the other one is the drawing hand.
          What does one do if they have no hands?

Comment

One uses the mind, skipping the tedious body work altogether. To have some kind of bodily aid for the newer adepts among us, breathing may be employed. Inhale to draw energy, exhale to send.
            Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
            Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

Originally posted by Xentor View Post
              One uses the mind, skipping the tedious body work altogether. To have some kind of bodily aid for the newer adepts among us, breathing may be employed. Inhale to draw energy, exhale to send.
              Thank you, sir.

Thats what I do anyways..I rarely use my hands.

Comment

Try both and see which is more comfortable. For many people, their dominant (writing) hand sends, and the other hand draws energy. That said, I'm left handed but do everything else with my right, and my right is certainly the better one for sending energy. It won't harm anything to try either way and decide which feels right to you.
                Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Originally posted by RainInanna View Post
                  Try both and see which is more comfortable. For many people, their dominant (writing) hand sends, and the other hand draws energy. That said, I'm left handed but do everything else with my right, and my right is certainly the better one for sending energy. It won't harm anything to try either way and decide which feels right to you.
                  I am a lefty too, well I use both hands but prefer my left! I can write with both of my hands actually.
                  ~Magic and Rituals & Advanced Paganism Forum Guide~
                  ~Paths: Palo, Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo Forum Guide~
                  Thanks Catiana and Athena-Nadine for the beautiful banners!

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
                  05/25/67 - 06/22/08
                  You are my Angel

Comment

I don't use my hands much either. Although I'm ambidextrous and I don't really pay attention to what hand I'm doing what with. It's whatever feels right at the time. Sorry if that's not very helpful.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
                    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
                    I know my call despite my faults
                    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
                    And I won't let you choke
                    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
                    And I will change my ways
                    I'll know my name as it's called again
                    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

Thanks everyone :D I received the answer I wanted: it all depends! :giggle:

Comment

Same here. Like RainInanna I'm a leftie but I use my right hand for most everything else. I really don't pay attention to what hand I'm using when dealing with energy if I'm even using them at all.

Comment

I am a righty..my left hand can only type for me ( and not well I may add)

My left arm so much is a slave to whatever my right arm needs it to do.
                          Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

Working...
                          X