comfortable and ready to talk...need some guidance bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comfortable and ready to talk...need some guidance bad

Okay so I found God when I was 15 and baptized as a 4 square christian at 16. I was happy but then realized that the church is not as I believe Jesus would want it. On the outside yes there is praise and worship, but I knew what people (including my pastors) were really thinking and feeling, so I left. I dont want to go back to a church. I studied wicca a lot before I found God and was very interested and felt that some of it spoke to me. Now I feel so empty and almost depressed because I cant get a lead on anything that speaks to me and I know that earth based religion or paganism is right for me I just dont know the path. I just need some suggestions on a more specific path to study. ex: druid, christian witch, wicca, etc. So a little about me I believe in jesus, im an empath, interested in energy work, I want to know more about what I can do with incense and herbs, I have a deep respect for the elements, and have an attraction to native american spirituality. Is there ANY specific path that anyone can think of that has atleast a few of these interests???? Thank you so much! Hugs
    I never knew a heart could live inside the rust from all your rain

Hell is the absence of love

Ghosted by Dandalion
    Ghosted by Midnight Flame

It's probably not the answer you're looking for but I would suggest perhaps trailblazing your own.

The advantages are many. Establishing a believe structure for yourself that you can relate to and feel 100% comfortable with is just a big one.

Disadvantages... Of course i'm sure there are some... but in my journey I've yet to find one big enough to stop me for even a second. :shift:

Either way, best of luck in your search. :bigblue:
    PhoenixRevival

"I have infinite patience... It's tolerance I lack".

sigpic

Comment

wel, I think like most of us, you are going to have to make your way with fear and trembling.. taking inspiration where you find it and respecting those around you....

happy to help you with herb questions... as I am a hedgewitch.
      Mitakuye Oyasin

Comment

Thank you both, its gonna be a rough journey but Ive gotta figure this out

Ghosted by Dandalion

Comment

I'm not sure on any advice about your path, but I know where you're coming form on the Christian background. If you ever need to talk or have questions, just PM me.
          sigpic

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
          Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Comment

You can do it. ^_^

Will it be rough? Maybe... but what in life feels good that didnt require a little hard work to achieve?=)
            PhoenixRevival

"I have infinite patience... It's tolerance I lack".

sigpic

Comment

My advice, if it counts, is to relax and read... there's a ton of info here about all kinds of paths and some very learned pagans. I think you'll find what you're looking for in time, perhaps (as has been suggested) a little bit of this and that.

Comment

I think we've all been there.
                Enjoy the journey for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic Christian View Post
                  My advice, if it counts, is to relax and read....
                  Great advice. First off, chill. Don't stress out about labels or fitting into a rigid belief system. Determine what's important to you, and READ A LOT. Everything you can get your hands on relating to whatever paths you feel drawn to, read it. Keep notes if it helps, ask questions, don't forget to consider the source. Some of it you will discard, some of it will resonate with you. You don't need to study 'a specific path' - just grab books or visit websites in the areas of interest to you, and see where the journey takes you.

Comment

As I said on a thread , recently...

"The Way Is A Candle Burning At Both Ends"

Not where you start from...or where you end up...

Yet the journey between , and being you , each moment...

Whether others like it , understand , or not , does not matter...

Each of us has a path to tread , and a walk to walk , different
                    from any other...

However , when you do find a path , as a tradition , whatever
                    it is...

As a Native person said to me :

"Remember...the stones you walk on , were laid by others ,
                    who went before you"

I do believe , and have found those words to be true...

Comment

Originally posted by swapmeetmomma View Post
                      I just need some suggestions on a more specific path to study. ex: druid, christian witch, wicca, etc. So a little about me I believe in jesus, im an empath, interested in energy work, I want to know more about what I can do with incense and herbs, I have a deep respect for the elements, and have an attraction to native american spirituality. Is there ANY specific path that anyone can think of that has atleast a few of these interests???? Thank you so much! Hugs
                      Well, what the others have suggested about taking your time and being patient with yourself in your journey is of paramount importance. One must never attempt to rush into a spiritual path if one can help it; it takes a great deal of time and personal reflection to find just the right one. As was also mentioned, you may very well need to just establish your own unique tradition.

But, I notice two things about you, based on your post:

(1) You seem to want a pagan perspective, and
                      (2) Jesus seems to figure largely in your value system. (Perhaps I am mistaken?)

I just want to reiterate that it is not unheard of for people to be Christians and pagans at the same time. There is a thread with some interesting links about the subject here:

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=207325

There is also something called Culdee Christianity, which from what I understand is a unique blend of Christian and Druidic beliefs, but admittedly my knowledge of this subject is minimal at present. Here is an interesting thread about it:

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...ee#post3053923

These links may or may not be useful to you, for all I know your destiny may not be with these paths. But since Jesus seems important to you, I thought they might be helpful. In any case, only you can discover where your true destiny lies; nobody here can really point you in the right direction, because you are the only person who can find the right direction for you.
                      Last edited by Darth Brooks; May 18th, 2009, 05:23 AM.
                      My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

Comment

It seems you have anxieties about faith and socialization. Christianity, depending on which branch [and it does seem you are a Protestant since you used the word pastor], does not need to be tied to a church. You do not need to be a part of a church to be Christian, and there's nothing to say you can't change churches that have more acceptable pastors and worshipers. Reasonably speaking, I don't see why one failed church experience should suggest all churches will be failed experiences. Looking at traditions and regions where the Christian Church is part of Christianity itself (Catholic and Eastern Orthodox countries, for example), I tend to see church as a means of socialization: you orient yourself in society through orienting yourself around church principles--sometimes because there is a lack of government/other forms of stability.

Furthermore, I would argue the search for a specific path is also a search for faith and socialization. It can seen daunting when people ask 'what you are' (and that's a terribly loaded wording) and you present something along the lines of 'a little of everything' or 'not sure.' It's so much neater to say something like 'Christian witch' or 'Wiccan' because it helps place you in a more solid social position--even if that position is a negative one.

And I am not saying that socialization is not important. Each and every one of us must socialize and Lacan even argues socialization is a means through which we can imagine and visualize ourselves. But I do not think you should let unsatisfactory social circumstances draw you away from something you inherently believe. There are a huge number of churches in this world, for example. There are also a huge number of traditions to choose from--but there is no telling if any of them will be 'right' for you. The term 'path' is misleading because it suggests that you cannot advance if you are not walking one of them. Certainly, I've advanced plenty in life through walking no path and believing in no defined deity or ruling power. I have no conclusions about the universe or its structures to feel smug about--but I feel secure in my life nonetheless.

Comment

I would recommend taking a trip to a local new age shop (if you have one) and checking out the different sections. Pick up books that spark your interest. Nobody needs to figure out their religious path in a day, it is something that grows and changes over time. Keep reading, studying and being open to new paths and eventually something will start to resonate with you. The important part is that you try your best to live your life as a good person and to positively affect those around you. Everything else will fall into place eventually.
                          http://ravingsfromateacherwitch.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/PhoenixWitch

"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
                          - Neil Gaiman

Comment

Originally posted by swapmeetmomma View Post
                            Thank you both, its gonna be a rough journey but Ive gotta figure this out
                            I think it's something almost everyone will go through at some point. I actually believe that this part of the journey is necessary and natural. It's because you care and you want to find the right way for you. From what I've seen in your posts in this thread and elsewhere I honestly think you're doing well. Like others have said, just keep going and trusting your gut instinct. Only do what feels right for you and things will work out. You may not find that you fit directly into any particular path. We're all so different that i don't find this at all surprising. Trust yourself to know.

I started out looking at Wicca and being raised Christian and I empathise with what you said in the introductory post in this thread. It took so many years for me to work out what was happening but I only realised much later that I was on my path and going the right way about my journey the whole time. It was important for me to go through all those struggles and frustrations. I researched lots of different paths and at the same time practised what I felt to be right. After a while I felt compelled to go in specific directions. It was a bit like following a trail of clues I had to decipher along the way. I learned so much about myself along the way. Even now that part of my path is quite established I'm still learning, just in different ways. I'm at a stage now where I know I'm Heathen and I have dedicated myself but within that sphere I very much follow my own path.

Swapmeetmomma I really do think you will find your way, and I also think your doing a good job of it so far.
                            Last edited by Nesta; May 18th, 2009, 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling

nesta

No man is so good as to be free of evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.
                            Norse Proverb

The coward believes he will live forever, if he holds back in the battle, but in old age he shall have no peace.
                            Norse Proverb

Comment

Your replies have really helped, and made me feel alot better about not having a "title" which I believe I was insecure about. Thank you all very much. Its also nice to know that there are alot of others out there that have been through this too.

Ghosted by Dandalion

Comment

Working...
                              X