Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditation

(Not sure which forum to put this under, feel free to move it)

I'd never really tried meditation until a couple of months ago, and I thought, as you do, that it would be important to try. So I have been trying....

...but I always fall asleep!

What can I do? I've tried it at different times of the day, and sitting up on a chair, and with relaxing music on!

Any ideas? (except get more sleep)

I used to fall asleep as well but after some practice I got over it.

Comment

try to lay on ur back and hold one arm straight up pointing towards the ceiling so when u fall asleep ur arm will fall down and wake u...
      http://www.dextopia.net - The designers launchpad

Comment

I remember one story wherein the person held a coin or something in their mouth and had a plate at their feet so if they fell asleep the coin hitting the plate woke them up.

Err or something like that.

I would find it difficult to meditate while holding a hand up, but that's just me.

Are you sure your getting enough sleep? Have you tried not using relaxing music (ok I admit, I usually listen to heavy metal or at least hard music when I meditate)?

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm actually not getting enough sleep so you're right, Raevyn, that probably is the problem. There's not enough hours in the day for everything I should be doing and want to do. Maybe I should just try getting enough sleep first.

Well, early to bed tonight I guess, rather than posting in Just Silly until I'm ready to fall asleep at the keyboard!!

Comment

Originally posted by IsisErin
            Well, early to bed tonight I guess, rather than posting in Just Silly until I'm ready to fall asleep at the keyboard!!

Heehee, that could make for some interesting reading...
            Hehe...isn't he cyowt? ---> So intent on playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Raevyn
              I would find it difficult to meditate while holding a hand up, but that's just me.

Have u ever tried it its acctualy quite easy and its very helpful when trying to reach a hypnagogic(sp?) state...
              http://www.dextopia.net - The designers launchpad

Comment

I tend to fall asleep when I meditate as well...and I have two things to say......first...its really not a BAD way to fall asleep. I find when that happens I sleep much better because I dont go to sleep all worried about the things that usually keep me from sleeping well. I am MUCH more relaxed. So dont beat yourself up over that. And secondly....it just takes practice. I AM getting better at it, and I am sure YOU will too.

Blessings and GOOD LUCK!
                Finn

Comment

thanks Finn!! :D

Comment

I was meditating for awhile...but I find for myself I do it in very short incriments throughout the day....its easier for me that way because I have a hard time sitting still that long
                    We now return our souls to the creator and as we stand on the edge of eternal darkness, Let our chant fill the air that others may know: In the land of the night, (in the depths of the eclipse - like age of iron) the Ship of the Sun is drawn by the Grateful Dead.

Conversation between hubby and I: "What are you doing?" I asked...he stated "In the words of the great prophet Sarah..
                    (me)..whatever I damn well please!"

The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just 1 other person. Vi Putnam

Thank you CoS for the kewl sig!

Comment

You are more than welcome, Isis! Some things about this path will always be a struggle, but they are with ANY path, and just with life in general. The important thing is to know where your heart lies...and do the BEST you can. Thats all the Goddess expects. I am happy my words were of some value to you!

Blessings!
                      Finn

Comment

Working...
                      X