athames on the altar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amberhawk View Post
    This is me too. I have assigned masculine or feminine aspects to tools but I haven't dedicated anything directly to any specific deity. Working tools, things I use to cut or crush or what have you, live on or in my work bench which sits next to my altar and anything energy related lives in or on my altar. If I need energy work and practical work to mix I move things to the workbench, then move things back to the altar as needed.
    Could you give me examples of practical work and energy work, and combined work? I put energy into nearly everything I do.
    Home is not a place, it's a feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Verily View Post
      DracoJesi, thanks for sharing more about your traditional ways. It's interesting to see what we have in common and what is different.

I rarely call on the dieties for help, but sometimes ask the four elementals for their help. I forged a strong bond with them when it was time for me to receive my first degree initiation.

My family is my passion.
      Throughout my experiences with various traditions it has always been my understanding that the quarters, the four-familiar forces are always crucial to that first degree.
      Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
      (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
      anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Comment

Originally posted by Verily View Post
        Could you give me examples of practical work and energy work, and combined work? I put energy into nearly everything I do.
        Sure, any spell I might do would move energy around. Directing energy for a circle or charging something is moving energy. Practical work would include something like chopping any herbs that I might use if I'm doing it as part of a spell which I wouldn't need to do if I had some left over from something else. If I decide to use a poppet then the practical part would be the physical construction of the doll which would be done at the bench while charging it might be done at the altar. I wouldn't exactly be using a blade for that though. Usually I would use my hands alone to charge it.

Comment

Working...
        X