How Do You Make A Wand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Make A Wand?

oh yes & this is a little of the topic but I cannot seem to get pictures to go into my signature, can anyone help I'm not a brilliant computer user. Thanx Bunches!

Hey Tina.
    If you scroll all the way down on the forum index you'll see a forum called Problems. That's where you can ask about the technical details of the site.

If you want to attach an image of say, Santa Lucia, you type in code like this:

[IMG]http://www.nga.gov/image/a00007/a0000788.jpg[/IMG]

Though I wish there were a limit to the file size.

ECCE, PARAT CئSAR DOMITO QVOD DEFVIT ORBI
    ADDERE: NVNC, ORIENS VLTIME, NOSTER ERIS.
    PARTHE, DABIS POENAS.

SVR | FORVM ROMANVM | CCEL | VNRV
    LINGVA LATINA | BIBLIOTECA LATINA | LATINA VVLGARA
    Il Sussurro Delle Streghe | Benedicaria |Rue's Kitchen | Stregoneria Italiana

Comment

wand making search
      And if you click the 'search' link above & type in 'wand', I'm sure there's bound to be some info here at MysticWicks...

No Regrets!
      Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
      "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
      ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
      Welcome to my World!
      Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

Comment

Each kind of wood has different magickal properties to it, so you would need to find the type that is right for you. You would need to find a stick (not break one off a tree), preferably as straight as possible (altho I have seen cool curvy ones). Some add a quartz crystal to the tip to focus the magick. You can decorate it any way you like. Mine is encased in a clay made of earth, herbs and oils with fairy charms hanging from the handle. It also has an amethyst in the handle. After making your wand, you must bless/consecrate it into your service, as you would any other tool.

Thats kind of a brief overview
        Last edited by Faeawyn; March 5th, 2004, 11:11 AM.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
        I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
        so I love you because I know no other way
        than this:
        so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
        so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

I was walking along my campus one day, going from class back to my dorm room, and I saw a little stick lying on the ground that really got my attention. Don't know why, I just happened to notice it as I've never noticed anything else on the ground walking back from class. So, I picked it up and took it home and let it just sit for awhile til I could figure out what to do with it. One day, I found a crystal point that I had made into a pendulum (YEARS ago) and I had never ever used, and it had a yellow string attached to it.....so I got the idea to add it to the stick and it happened to fit perfectly into the little Y formed at the end of the stick. I wrapped the string around the crystal to hold it to the stick and sealed the ends of the string with white wax that I dripped on it. So, that's how I made my wand. For Sabbats, I tie colored ribbons around the stick and when it sits on my altar, it helps represent Air and the God for me.

~N~
          ~NITEFALLE~
          Pagan Tart, High Priestess of the Soli-Tarty Path

My heroes have always been cowboys, and they still are, it seems
          Always in search of, and one step in back of,
          Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams
          ~Willie Nelson~

sigpic

Comment

Thank You!!!

Just Want To Say Thank You For The Help.

Comment

More Wand Questions!

Originally posted by Faeawyn
              Some add a quartz crystal to the tip to focus the magick. After making your wand, you must bless/consecrate it into your service, as you would any other tool.

Thats kind of a brief overview
              What Is A Quartz Crystal & How Do You Bless/Consecrate your wand into your service? Can You Use Mad Made Materials To Decorate Your Wand? I know I Ask Alot Of Questions. I Really Appreciate All The Help I Am Getting. Thank You All.

Comment

Originally posted by Tina
                What Is A Quartz Crystal & How Do You Bless/Consecrate your wand into your service? Can You Use Mad Made Materials To Decorate Your Wand? I know I Ask Alot Of Questions. I Really Appreciate All The Help I Am Getting. Thank You All.

You shouldn't be mad when you make your materials!

Ohhh, did you mean man-made??? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist being silly :spinner: )

Most everybody uses man-made and boughten materials in their Works and for their Objects. For example, almost anybody including 5yr olds is a better artist than I am--if I use my own artwork I am distracted by the poorness of it while when I use other artwork I can concentrate on meaning. Same with metal-working, etc. Although the things you DO make have a special resonance, and you should always try to add something of yourself to a consecrated object

For consecration, there are a lot of answers. You need to know what your Path is to have an explicit one. If you are or are going to be a Gardnerian Tradition Wiccan for example, there is a detailed study-based consecration that you would be taught, although I don't know what it would be since I am not. If some other Way, some other consecration meaningful to that Way.

I personally Work with Energy and communication with a specific Goddess to Whom I give over myself(something like possession, but retaining free will and awareness). In this process, I use an altar that is always set up and charging/holding Power that I add to and tap into, so I add and take away objects to consecrate.

This is a poor explanation of a largely non-verbal process, but the short answer would be that one consecrates objects by consecrating them. Which is a good, mystic-Irish type answer but convays little actual information.....

Before Enlightenment--chop wood, carry water.
                After Enlightenment--chop wood, carry water.

, skilly-nilly
                *I am a mystic and work through Imbas rather than re-constructive archeology. Lore, history, and research are vital tools and permit us to validate and amplify communications we recieve. Disagreement and referencing of materials are also welcome benchmarks. What I say is not the 'Truth' but only my perception/opinion/belief and I am happy to give the same consideration to everyone else's point of view.*

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

"everyone [is] entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." Stephen Colbert

Comment

Consecrating a New Tool

On your altar, you will want incense, a red candle in a sturdy holder, a small bowl of full moon water (bottled spring water can substitute), a bowl of salt and the tool you are planning to consecrate. Cast a circle, then invoke the elements and whichever gods or goddesses you choose. Light the incense (frankincense is good) and your altar candle. Relax and enter a light trance state.

Hold the item up to the north and say:

By the powers of earth, by the powers of salt,
                  I consecrate and bless this _______
                  For use in my rituals and rites.
                  Empower it with the ability to manifest
                  And stabilize my magick.
                  Spirits of the earth, I call upon you
                  To bless this ______ now!

Plunge the item into the bowl of salt and draw an invoking pentagram over the item with your hand.

Spirits of Earth, blessed be.

Hold the item up to the east and say:

By the power of air, by the power of smoke,
                  I consecrate and bless this ______
                  Empower it with the ability to cleanse
                  And clarify my magick.
                  Spirits of the air I call upon you
                  To bless this _____ now!

Hold the item in the smoke wafting up from the incense and draw an invoking pentagram over the item with your hand.

Spirits of air, blessed be.

Hold the item to the south and say:

By the powers of fire, by the powers of flame,
                  I consecrate and bless this _____
                  Empower it with the ability to energize
                  And strengthening my magick.
                  Spirits of fire, I call upon you
                  To bless this _____ now!

Plunge the tip of the item in the candle flame (if it can catch on fire, hold it above the flame) and draw an invoking pentagram over the item with your hand.

Spirits of fire, blessed be.
                  Hold the item to the west and say:

Buy the powers of the sea, by the power of water,
                  I consecrate and bless this _____
                  Empower it with the ability to bring intuition
                  And understanding to my magick.
                  Spirits of water, I call upon you
                  To bless this _____ now!

Plunge the item into a bowl of water and draw an invoking pentagram over the item with your free hand.

Spirits of water, blessed be.

Hold the item up in the air above your head and say:

I ask the lord and lady
                  To consecrate and bless this _____
                  Great mother and holy father, I call upon you
                  To bless this _____ now!

Draw an invoking pentagram in the air with the item

Lord and Lady, blessed be.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
                  I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
                  so I love you because I know no other way
                  than this:
                  so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
                  so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

Sorry Another Question About The Wands!

Originally posted by Faeawyn
                    Each kind of wood has different magickal properties to it, so you would need to find the type that is right for you.
                    Ok What are the different kinds of woods and the magickal properties that go with them? And how do I know whats right for me?

Comment

actually,
                      i made my lil wand out of one of my old drum sticks
                      i pretty much just carved it a little & made it thinner & smoother... I glued a few small pieces of rose quartz to it and thats about it!
                      i <3 it

Comment

Working...
                      X