wands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wands

For casting a circle / rituals they say I need a wand. There are no witch stores around me so one of my friends blessed a twig for her wand and uses it and another friend of mine uses a blessed dagger. I was thinking of using these - but would it work? If you could awnser my question you'd be doing me a big favour! THX!!!
    I'm the kind of person who rolls off chairs. . . -> J/K

Just my opinion

I don't use a wand at all. I use an athame. To me a wand represents air. I channel my power through my athame instead of a wand. Every witch chooses their own tools. I don't think that you have to have a wand or but using an athame is necessary in my practice. If you chose a wand that's great but you don't HAVE to have one! Bright Blessings!
    mythwalker

Comment

I use an athame as well. You dont have to have a wand OR an athame. some people just use their hands to channel the energy.
      One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. - Dale Carnegie

sigpic

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. - Henry A. Kissinger

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree, you dont 'need' anything but yourself. However, if youd like a wand, go for it - cut a stick and use that. Whatever feels best for you

Comment

I use my hands. I use very little tools. But if you don't want to use your hands, you can use a twig and maybe decorate it.
          Last edited by Tigerlily; April 30th, 2004, 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

-Be Witchy- -Be Cute- -Live Happy-

Comment

Mooooo

I dig the idea of wands but actually using them is a rare thing. I tend to walk the circle and "carve" it into the universe with my soul. Yeah, I know that sounds uber new agey. *lol*

A lot of times I just put my hands in a weird position, or raise an arm, or whatever, and just... let the circle exist. Everything wants to exist and for me giving it a chance is all it needs.

If you feel hung up on needing a wand though, anything blessed will work just fine. I mean, I wouldn't suggest using a "cold iron" wand to cast a circle or whatever, but twigs and stuff are fine. You might even try to find out what different plants correspond with magically and make a special or a bunch of wand/s. Anyway there's my two cents too...
            "Truth is outside of all patterns." -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Hamelyn

If you feel hung up on needing a wand though, anything blessed will work just fine. I mean, I wouldn't suggest using a "cold iron" wand to cast a circle or whatever, but twigs and stuff are fine. You might even try to find out what different plants correspond with magically and make a special or a bunch of wand/s. Anyway there's my two cents too...

That's a really nice idea.

-Be Witchy- -Be Cute- -Live Happy-

Comment

You don't want to actually cut the stick from the tree tho. Try finding the perfect one for you on the ground...it'll call to you But I know tons of people who just use their power hand and a finger

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
                I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
                so I love you because I know no other way
                than this:
                so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
                so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

Actually if you ask the tree nicely and wait for it to answer you postively then cutting it from the tree is okay. But be very careful in waiting for the answer. And leave something in thanks for it afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X