No announcement yet.

Blood sacrifice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all...I finally return to this thread...

I've been reviewing soem answers and debates over the period of this thread and it seems there are two trains of thought on this issue. I'm going to add another question into the mix now. Now the original premise of this discussion was to see whether or not you would sacrifice any blood, whther it be your own or anothers for the sake op a rituel...now, at the time I wasnt really aware lol...but I doubt a God would just pop up and demand a sacrifice. As said elsehwre here it is traditionally bound for blood in certain rituals to certain gods. Now that being said, the question: If the sacrificing of a goat, or bull was required for a fertility ritual by a coven or group, even with proper dedication and remembrance ceremonies after the sacrifice...would you not join your group in that situation?

Namaste

Tobias

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

• no, I would not. asI mentioned before, I disagree with any animal sacrifice. I would let my group know in no uncertain terms, that I dissaprove.I think it is akin to stealing, paying for results with the blood and life of another being, especially a being that is not given a choice in the matter. as I mentioned before, the only blood or the only life I have the right to offer is my own, never another's.
      Betrayal is Forever
      :idea: inverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean? :D

"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy
      You shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.

"We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harming all."-Doreen

Comment

• I'm not sure if i would or not. If i knew that nothing would be wasted then i could probably watch and maybe do something in the ritual but i don't think i could kill an animal although i don't object to religions that do since they waste nothing (blood or meat) and i think most put the animal into a trance state so that it doesn't feel any pain which is a good thing and has been done by Voodoo practioners(sp) in Haiti, i think as well as by Kosher butchers for Jews and animal sacrifice was also important in the Torah plus i think muslims have Halal meat which is like Kosher meat for Jews (if someone else knows better, feel free to correct me) so i do respect the right for people to perform animal sacrifice as long as it's done like Koscher butchers, Voodoo practicioners, etc do it, not just some guy in the UK or the U.S.A going to a pet store to kill an animal (since he probably would know anything about it)

Comment

• In answer to Galadraal's question, I agree completely with Salanthos. My house does not use animal sacrifice and many of my friends do not. Some of my friends do. I will not partake in any ritual where animal life is used and I will argue with them to step outside the boundaries of tradition and try something new for a change. It's an obsolete practice. Time to evolve.
          The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Comment

• I would take part, if all the animal was to be used. So it would be eaten and shared by all. I would probably be asked to help as I was taught to do this very quickly by my relatives in their little farm. But I would not penalise anyone that didn't wish to take part.

BB

Seshata
            http://www.liminalthreads.com
            Hand embroidered items for Pagans of all paths. Commissions undertaken and privacy ensured.

http://www.esotericsource.org
            Esoteric Source Magazine
            Getting Stuck into the Esoteric Scene
            PDF Magazine available worldwide, with articles and artwork by International people. Subscription only £10 (approx $15), keep checking as the Editor is always looking for ways in which Subscribers can get more extras! :boing:

Comment

• I'd sacrifice other living beings, and some of my own blood.
              xxx

Comment

• Would anyone here, in certain circumstances, ever do or consider human sacrifice if their god wanted it e.g. if Ares, Athene, Yahweh, whoever came down and asked for human sacrifice, would you do it? It's just i read something in Triumpth of the Moon by Ronald Hutton where the coven that initated Gardner had done a spell to ward off Hitler and the German's and at the end asked for any humans to sacrifice themselves (or something like that) and some of the older ones did it.

So would you ask someone to sacrifice themselves or would you ever consider it for yourself e.g. would you sacrifice your life for some great magical workinh?

Also would you ever consider sacrificing the life of someone who doesn't deserve to live like a pediphile?

I don't think i could sacrifice someone else but i might be able to sacrifice myself if i knew it was for an important purpose and i think maybe i could sacrifice a pediphile or someone else who's as worthless but i also don't think pediphiles, nazis, etc are worth anything to any god.

Anyway what are your views.

Comment

• It wouldnt just be taking life, it could be as simple as forwcebly taking blood, not enough to kill but a lot...or even if the person was willing?

(I have to say I like how this thread has turned out, thers been soem good debates raged...) in responce to David's question what do you guys think? apparently, on the poll 6 people said they would...

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
                  मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
                  ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

• I would offer my own blood, no one elses. I don't have the right to do that to someone else, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• I don't think murder (human sacrifice) should enter into a sacred ritual under any circumstance. Kill if you need to, but don't disgrace the divine by presenting them with a corpse and the massive amount of negative energy generated from a murder.

And if you're just drawing blood, not actually killing, why? No tools are actually needed in ritual so why hurt someone or something to get something that you don't need? It's senseless.
                      The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galadraal
                        I have a question for new Pagans...I would be interested of your answers. I am not trying to rock the boat or send ot a negative image...but I would be interested in what you percieve this subject to be. I have been thinking of my worship of Kali, who is a blood thirsty Goddess. In one of those times before sleep where I just whisper things, thoughts...an idea came to me. What is blood sacrifice? What does it mean when it coems to worshipping a God? What connection does blood have to divine energy? I wonder, if your Goddess or God appeared before you one day...surrounded by their eneregy and ordered you to give an offering of blood to them...what would you do?
                        If you worship Kali, aren't you supposed to strangle travellers?
                        What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Billy
                          Only if the British aren't around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Billy
                            only if they look like Cary Grant.
                            some people are like slinkies -
                            not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cain
                              Only if the British aren't around.
                              Where are the CO DeRiemers of yesteryear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theres
                                only if they look like Cary Grant.
                                Or live in 19th century India.

Comment

Working...
                                X