No announcement yet.

Blood sacrifice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't do a non-human animal. Or a human animal other than myself unless they gave consent. That's the key. Gotta have consent. With that, do what thou wilt and be responsible with it.
    I find signatures distracting, thus I have them turned off. So if you can see this, I can't see yours.

Comment

• Nobody, not even a deity, orders me to do anything that I feel I don't need to do. To go as far as to demand blood from me, knowing fully well that there are alternatives I would rather use, means that my respect for this deity will either vanish completely or be taken down quite a few notches.

I don't do blood sacrifices.
      Can you touch the root that feeds us?
      Can you hear the words that I say?
      Can you feel the music move you?
      Can you feel alive today?

Comment

• I dont understand what the whole big deal is on blood sacrifice opponents. It is my belief (Aztec/Mexica) that the gods sacrificed themselves for us. I mean Xipe Totec skinned himself just to feed humans. Gods suffered for us. They had to go through discomfort. They didnt just ignore their duties simply because they wanted to avoid any discomfort. Why cant we pay them back? If they want a couple of drops of blood in return, is that seriously too much too handle compared to what they did? Im willing to bet 99% of you that say youre not comfortable with the idea of bleeding for your gods have NEVER tried the practice. It is a very powerful experience that can not be replaced by food, trinkets, etc. It connects you directly with the gods. It also brings their attention much faster and more intensely. Another point that I wanted to bring up is that all of you have either had an anemia test taken (where your finger is pierced and blood collected in a slide), that daily diabetic test, or blood drawn by the doctor/nurse. And yeah it might make some people uncomfortable but you do it anyways because you HAVE to. Why should there be any difference between this type of blood giving and blood given to the gods? blood given to the gods is even greater. This neopagan belief that the gods are our servants really troubles me. Remember your place, YOU are the servant.

Comment

• I don't think that giving a few drops of blood is a big deal. I jsut get really quezzy at the sight of it.:ballonsmi Its not like you're takeing a life. And yes... we all need to remember that what ever ultimate power we belive in deserves our respect. We need to remember that they are not there to serve us but to guide us and watch over us. NOT to do our bidding.
          Kahlan Amnell

Comment

• I can't say I have a problem with it, and if it were needed I wouldn't object.
            Everything is right for me, which is right for you, O Universe.
            Nothing for me is too early or too late, which comes in due time for you.
            Everything is fruit to me which your seasons bring, O Nature.
            From you are all things, in you are all things, to you all things return.

Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Why is there no option for "Don't believe in any gods and therefore have no need to propitiate to anyone"?
              If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
              helps you feel your life protects you,
              cradles you and connects you to everything.
              Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

• As demanding as my gods are, one thign I can't see them doing is demanding blood of me. I'm not saying I'd put it past them- I wouldn't put anything past them when you ge right down to it, but I don't *see* it.

What I see as far more likely- and even still, not very- is me feeling that an offering of blood is needed for some reason.

Incidentally, I consider the bleeding that took place when I got my Apollo tattoos to be a blood offering.
                Memories of Pain and Light
                http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
                You, I cannot worship by halves.

Hellenic Web Forum- http://forum.hellenistai.com

Comment

• As a male I have no menstrual blood to offer obviously. Even if I did I wouldn't as I've been taught that while menstrual blood has magic properties equal to that of semen (The other liquid that makes life and without which life can't be formed) it is invalid for sacrifice.

The logic behind this she told me (yes ladies it was a woman that told me this put the torches and pitchforks down) is that a sacrifice means putting effort into what you give up. Even if it is only a little.

She went on to clarify that all things being equal a woman will under most cases produce the blood monthly, thus she has to squat to offer it. No effort required for the most part.

So male or female I prick my finger or see if (Click me!) this is acceptable.

Ladies please don't kill me! *hides*
                  www.adf.com

Comment

• I'm a daughter of Kali and I wouldn't put it past her to ask of a blood offering. I would definitely offer my own blood first, and if she wouldn't accept that, well I don' t know what I would do honestly. I can't imagine killing an animal or a human for that matter and would make myself sick with guilt. Am I a bad daughter? Perhaps. It's really up to her, however, and I'd have to be in the situation to know what I would do.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with a blood sacrifice, if it's necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitive Soul View Post
                        I'm a daughter of Kali and I wouldn't put it past her to ask of a blood offering. I would definitely offer my own blood first, and if she wouldn't accept that, well I don' t know what I would do honestly. I can't imagine killing an animal or a human for that matter and would make myself sick with guilt. Am I a bad daughter? Perhaps. It's really up to her, however, and I'd have to be in the situation to know what I would do.
                        You could always ask for a donation from someone you know and trust.
                        www.adf.com

Comment

• This is very true. Thank you for that suggestion. =]

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquisitive Soul View Post
                            I'm a daughter of Kali and I wouldn't put it past her to ask of a blood offering. I would definitely offer my own blood first, and if she wouldn't accept that, well I don' t know what I would do honestly. I can't imagine killing an animal or a human for that matter and would make myself sick with guilt. Am I a bad daughter? Perhaps. It's really up to her, however, and I'd have to be in the situation to know what I would do.
                            Returning to this thread three years later, I have to comment.

I worship Kali as well. Kali doesn't ask or Human blood. There have been people who have thought that she has but she never has asked in scripture or other for human blood. She does ask for blood in some ways and ofcourse it would have to be in a right context... and usually a Goat is good enough. I don;t think though that as worshippers we're necessarily the ones to do it, leave it for the Brahmins.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
                            मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
                            ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

• I'd decline.

My Author Page
                              That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always.

Comment

• I've been thinking about this more.. maybe it's just me, but I really can't picture Kali asking for blood. I mean, I know she's *bloodthirsty* but I see it in more of a metaphorical (I have no idea if that's the right word) sense. I don't see her that way nor do I have a connection to her in that way. I don't know, she's really more like a mother figure to me. On one hand, I could picture her asking for a sacrifice, which I would be more than happy to make for her, but I really don't think she would ask for blood of mine or anyone/thing else's. For me, it seems more likely that she would test me in some way or ask me to sacrifice something of myself and things I am depending upon. Maybe I'm wrong. I wouldn't think that my relationship with her would be *wrong* in anyway or that my view of her would be *wrong* either because she is like a part of me now. Maybe I'm not a good follower of hers, I don't know.

Sorry, I'm just thinking in type now. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X