Your opinion of Witchvox.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion of Witchvox.com

What is your opinion of witchvox.com? There is so much information to be found on the site in articles, do you think they are credible, accurate etc?

Personally I do not get the chance to visit the site as often as I'd like although I'm registered and posted a poem on there. I need to make it my homepage. I have no complaints with anything on the site. I wish I had the time to just sit and read the articles.
    I love it, great information, visit all the time
    40.77%
    Its good but could be better.....( list how)
    12.05%
    Eh its ok
    25.64%
    Don't like it at all
    3.33%
    I rarely ever visit the site so no opinion
    12.82%
    Never been there
    5.38%
    Last edited by Haerfest Leah; October 21st, 2004, 04:16 PM.

Yeah, I think it's probably the single best site for neopagans on the internet (next to this one, of course!)

Wren Walker is very respected in the community, and I've yet to find any factual inaccuracies in any of her articles.
    Ben Trismegistus
    Super-Cool Retired Admin Type

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Click here.

Check out my former rock band, Wayward Sun!

Comment

I think its a great site and their articals to be very imformative and researched.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

My Beliefs

Comment

I enjoy reading their articles when I can find the time to. There's SO MUCH there, I'm just totally behind.

Comment

It's not only a great site for information, it's helpful for networking and finding other pagans near you. They do have a pretty secure registration process to prevent people from getting e-mail addresses for spam. I've gotten quite a few replies to my listing over the years, never any problems.
          My adopted smilies:
          Joe and LaGina

I Proudly And Lovingly Accept This Banner On Behalf of Our Beloved Flar7 for his poem, "The Chase." It Was Truly How He Lived.

Come Dream With Me...

Oy! My Goddess! Creations
          COS9 is the Goddess of Banners!
          The Goddess Cafe

Well, I've got the message - stay among the living - Stevie Nicks

Comment

I think it's a wonderful site! I get lost there! (in a good way!) I thinks it is a valuable, useful resource.

Comment

I enjoy and utilize the site on a daily basis. It is an easy way to keep up with the events going on in my area, and the majority of the members of my circle found us through TWV. I have been fotunate enough to speak with Wren on several occasions--Skye's battle with cancer closely mirrors the one my brother is fighting--and she has always been more than wonderful to me.

I recommend TWV to people all the time. I just wish that more would donate to it so that we don't lose this very vaulable resource.

Avalon's Blessings, ~Rhiannon
              Priestess of Avalon, Daughter of the Gods

Comment

I love it! Lots of info and networking!

Comment

Witchvox is so awesome. I love that place because it gives me the chance to see what others are thinking on various religious topics. HOWEVER, if only my stupid Anti- non-Christian internet filter wasn't bothering me! I have no control over it, my mom pays for the net, not me. And I'm not sure how she'll react when I tell her I can't go on Witchvox or I can't type in "goth" or "satanism" in the search engines. Except she does know that I study various religions.

She also has trouble doing searches b/c she does geneaology, so it's tough.

But on the subject of Witchvox, they're great!

Ankh Udja Seneb
                  Please feel free to visit my items on ebay for a variety of clothing, decorative items, etc. Visit here for my listing of books.

Comment

It's how I found this place. So
                    I am the possessor of the knowledge of the words of magical power, I am the Avenger according to law, I have avenged the injury to his Eye. I have defended Osiris. I have accomplished my journey. The Osiris Ani advanceth with you with the word which is truth.

Comment

I voted "eh, it's OK". While I think it's a fantastic site, and the best "one stop shop" there is for anyone looking for info on paths etc, there are some inaccuracies on it that haven't been addressed, and from some people who've tried to get these addressed, they've been greeted with...not much, it has to be said.

This is what makes me choose "it's OK" rather than "It's good, but..." Anything on that site is the opinion/view of a particular tradition or person. This is by no means a bad thing, but I'm not sure that this fact is as apparent as it could or should be. These opinions might be more obvious to those of us who might be more experience or analytical, but I think that those who are new to this kind of thing take a lot more at face value before analysing. Conflicting views - in the past - have not been addressed or dealt with, from what I personally can tell.

Although this wouldn't stop me recommending the site in any way, I would prefer that such an influential site would account more openly for differing views. I realise completely that this could cause more of a headache than necessary. But at least a hint would be nice...

Comment

Valuable resource. I love it.

Comment

I find it to be irrelevant. I never use it, have only looked it over extensively a couple of times. Just really isn't a site that sparks interest in me.

Comment

Don't visit very often, but i think it could be better organised. It's good to just brose and read but when looking for sepcifics i have often found it tedious to navigate.
                            "If at first you don't suceed, redefine sucess" - Anon

Comment

I think witchvox is great, I just get lost sometimes *lol*
                              Though my eyes are closed

I feel my surroundings. I know where I am
                              Deep in my heart I am always here.
                              ~Memory's Flame~

Take my Hand; Let us Dance through Daisies.

I Placed the best moments of my life into that fire...

That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.
                              And it’s worth fighting for.
                              ~Samwise Gamgee~

Comment

Working...
                              X