unsure what to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsure what to believe

I am having a crisis of faith at the moment the problem is i dont know what to fallow.
    In the past i have fallowed Christianity , Wicca & Islam i feel close to all 3 of them and want to fallow them all , but i dont want to anger God by doing this and make a mockery of these religions.
    I believe in God , i believe that there was a man called jesus who was a holy man but wasnt the son of God , i also believe in reincarnation and the fact that we can live again. I also believe in magic as well

Am unsure what i am really but am trying to find my way with this
    I feel very lost

A path will come to you at its own right time. I think the best thing to do in this situation is the following:

1. Stop.
    2. Breathe.
    3. Listen.

You've already nailed down several of your beliefs. That's a start!
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Comment

Originally posted by *Willow* View Post
      I am having a crisis of faith at the moment the problem is i dont know what to fallow.
      In the past i have fallowed Christianity , Wicca & Islam i feel close to all 3 of them and want to fallow them all , but i dont want to anger God by doing this and make a mockery of these religions.
      I believe in God , i believe that there was a man called jesus who was a holy man but wasnt the son of God , i also believe in reincarnation and the fact that we can live again. I also believe in magic as well

I feel very lost
      Namaskar,

First things first; what makes you think God will be angry at you? For trying to forge your own path? My word, He's petty!

I think we all reach these crossroads at some point (well, I did). I know that there are certainly mystical and heretical branches of Christianity and Islam (one which sees Lord Krishna as a prophet of God!) You could try Esoteric Christianity, which is a mystery tradition of Christianity. There is all different forms of Gnosticism, Jewish mysticism, or even full blown Ceremonial Magic (yes, I am including it because a lot of it focuses upon demons, angels, saints, the Abrahamic God). Ever heard of Enochian Magic? It's based upon Angels and evocation. There is also the legend of King Solomon being the greatest magician alive, and that he harnassed the powers of 72 demons called Goetic Demons (but that really depends if you want to get into demons or not.)

Above all, do what you feel comfortable. Don't worry about what others...or how God might supposedly feel. Go with the flow. Try checking out some of the things I mentioned.

Pranam,

Selah
      "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by *Willow* View Post

I feel very lost
        Druze
        "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

Comment

Don't feel lost. As many have said you have already come to conclusions to what you believe. This is a very important step in creating or stepping on your path into witchcraft. Many people do not understand that witchcraft is not a religion. I personally think it's not Wicca that pulls you but the craft of the witch. Witchcraft is an art and in many ways a "craft" as it's weaving and manipulating energies to create your desires, much like any other art form. You can very much combine what ever it is you believe in with witchcraft. If it was me, I would look into things like Angel workings, ceremonial magics and maybe even a Kabbalah. Islam even has its numerous chants, symbols and even incantations. Research the holy books you identify with and look at what pulls you to it. From there I think you will find better footing on your path and it's intertwining with your beliefs. Feel free to message me if you feel the need to.

Comment

Working...
          X