No announcement yet.

What kind of Pagan are YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, when I voted on this, I considered myself "Wiccan".

In any case, I'd be under "Other" now. XD I consider myself a somewhat heretical Christian now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
      Eclectic Wiccan here. Hey, someday it will be an "old tyme religion". :D
      Same here. I am a solitary eclectic.
      I see the God and Goddess are supreme gods in a broad pantheon. While I venerate and honour Them above all others, I also venerate other gods and beings as corollaries to the Lord and Lady, but within their own context. For example, I'd never invoke Zeus with Juno, or The Dagda with Isis. I'd invoke them in the context of their original pantheon, so as not to be rude or disrespectful.
      Last edited by Louisvillian; May 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• I'm a Rhapsodic Bohemian

Comment

• I've worshiped quite a few deities over time, they change names a lot of times, and sometimes they mix and match, but usually the same one or two are the ones being mixed together and then divided back up.

Ankei and Akass

Antat, Mot and Refa-im

Djehueti, Ausset and Asaar

Pretty much just a litany of gods and goddesses of death, knowledge, magic, and the underworld. They exist in pretty much any culture I've ever bothered to look at though within the subgroup they tend to be mixed and matched, though they all also tend to possess the same personality mix as well as spheres of influence.
          I am thoroughly convinced that as population rises, the individual becomes more of an idiot. Nowadays you can't throw a rock in an empty room without hitting an idiot.

Comment

• I'll have to vote "other" for this.

I am a Yemenite Pagan. Yemen or "Al-Yaman" means "The South" which refers to South Arabia in the ancient world and the official country of Yemen in the world today.

I am firstly a Polytheist. I believe in a pantheon of deities, chiefly Semitic.

Secondly my path would be considered reconstructionist, however there is so much to reconstruct and understand that simply can't be done without literary and further archeological evidence.

Thirdly, the reason for my attempt of such a darkened and cloudy path, interest, and reverence is primarily from divine inspiration lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dushara View Post
              I'll have to vote "other" for this.

I am a Yemenite Pagan. Yemen or "Al-Yaman" means "The South" which refers to South Arabia in the ancient world and the official country of Yemen in the world today.

Secondly my path would be considered reconstructionist, however there is so much to reconstruct and understand that simply can't be done without literary and further archeological evidence.

Thirdly, the reason for my attempt of such a darkened and cloudy path, interest, and reverence is primarily from divine inspiration lol
              That sounds really interesting, Dushara, I'm really interested in the ancient religions and Gods of the ancient Middle East, I'm a Sumerian Recon, and I worship and serve Ereshkigal, a Goddess and ruler of the Kur (the Sumerian underworld), and I really would love to learn more about ancient Arabian religions and Gods, or anything to do with the ancient Arabs. Are there any good resources you could recommend, I'd really appreciate it .

Also, good luck with your reconstruction, I know how hard it can be reconstructing a religion, and worshipping Gods, or a specific God, etc, without much info, I have to do a lot of research too, about the Sumerian religion, and Gods, and there's not much published on Ereshkigal (Inanna, Enki, and, sometimes, Enlil, etc are the more popular Gods that are written about and worshipped, especially the first 2). Although there is one book I want to get on the underworld in Mesopotamian sources, which I really, really want to get, I just need to find out how much it is, and see if I (or, hopefully, my mum !) can afford to get it (I can't remember the title, but when I find it again, I'll post it ).
              Last edited by David19; June 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• General, I guess. I don't worship anyone or celebrate any pagan holidays.
                I do like celtic myths, if that counts for anything. I wouldn't begin to know how to celebrate a holiday, not to mention all my family is baptist and I do Christian holiday stuff with them. I'm also to broke/lazy to bother doing something just for me.
                Right now I'm (trying to) concentrate on getting a job.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Comment

• I'm an Hellenistos; I practise Hellenismos/Hellenic polytheism.

Comment

• I put other, because I am a Babylonian pagan.
                    ......with liberty and justice for all;
                    For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

Comment

• I'm a Druid! :boing:

Scooter- 4/11/94 to 10/15/05
                      Have no fear, tis I!
                      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.
                      "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

Comment

• 3 years ago, when I first posted in this thread, I was a 'nature-loving, tree-hugging witch'.

Fast forward to 2009 and I'm still a witch, only now I'm also a Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu With some Tameran Wicca practices on the side.

Comment

• I chose "Eastern Pagan" since I am drawn to Buddhism, Hinduism, and Shintoism.
                          "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

• I am Asatru.

Blinkie Maker

Live Journal| Twitter

sigpic
                            Thank you, Catiana, for the wonderful turtle montage! :D

Comment

• I voted "other" cuz I'm about 4 or 5 things mentioned in that poll. :uhhuhuh:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dushara View Post
                                I'll have to vote "other" for this.

What are some of the Yemeni deities? Never heard of it before, I am a believer in babylonian gods, they too are semitic, so I wonder if there are any similarities.
                                ......with liberty and justice for all;
                                For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

Comment

Working...
                                X