No announcement yet.

What kind of Pagan are YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said other. I am an eclectic pagan, a witch, and a nature loving tree hugger.

Comment

• I choose other.

I'm practicing Armenian paganism or recon polytheism or however you wanna put it! lol
      I usually describe it as Armenian polytheism.

Armenians were probably an ancient Iranian people related to Scythians, Saka, Persians, Sarmatians, Massagetae, and other known tribes of Iranic origin. Their religious beliefs in pre-christian times had Iranian, Graeco-Anatolian, and Syrian elements. A pantheon of 12 national deities show up in classical times and were worshipped by the people. They continue to be honored to this day in Armenia and maybe by a few like me outside of the country who came to be inspired by them

Comment

• i'm a pantheist.

Comment

• I guess general, since I'm a little bit of everything from the above... But without any specific path.

Comment

• I am a non-Wiccan witch, and a bit of a tree hugger too. :hahugh:

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
            TWLOHA

Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainx View Post
              ...I could fit into more then one though I felt "general pagan" didn't cover it. I guess to me "general pagan" refers to someone who doesn't specifically work with certain paths or systems, or who works with many different ones in a mish-mash type of way, or who couldn't specifically point out which paths and systems they draw from.
              Exactly. I do worship mish-mashy and I couldn't pick just one or even define where I draw from. But instead of using my brain and hitting "other" [lol] I voted Norse, since that's where I get Loki.
              When that storm god you all praise
              walks the earth and shatters trees,
              you huddle close beside my gift,
              and whisper prayers beside the spit,
              and as the wood smoke turns and twists,
              you owe your lives to sly
              Loki.

Comment

• I voted "other".

I am a Traditional Hellenic Reconstructionist - a practitioner of Hellenismos.
                "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
                instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
                which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Comment

• Other

Recovered from Christianity.
                  Lapsed agnostic.
                  Quite surprised to find myself on the pagan path but have been drawn to it.
                  Other is because I am moving in a couple of the directions above and will have to wait and see what path unfolds.

Comment

• Basicly pan-middleastern as much as that makes sense. Mostly Babylonian, though I include dieties from other regional pantheons (Nabatean Arab and Canaanite, mostly).

Personally, I think this is the closest you can get to a primievil religion. Judaism, Islam and Christianity came from Canaanite religion and Babylonian religion.

Comment

• Not religious...just a traditional witch

Comment

• I've been loosely trying to follow Asatru for most of the past seven years.

Comment

• I voted "Other", but I probably should have went with General Pagan. I pull from Buddhism, Norse, Pantheism and consider myself a bit of a Natural Witch. I'm still trying to get use to considering myself Pagan at all, though.

Comment

• I went on a bit of a personal journey and after I spent some time in a state of ambivalence about Wicca. I explored a more generalised, eclectic paganism. But I kept being drawn back towards the gods I had worshipped and worked with, and the ritual structure of Wicca that had worked well for me.
                            By now, I've come full circle and am back to actively practising a semi-eclectic, semi-traditional form of Wicca. My girlfriend has joined me, and we practise as Solitary Wiccans of-sorts. Not of any tradition or sect, but not just on our own since we both join in rituals.
                            Last edited by Louisvillian; January 2nd, 2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• I started off waaaay back in my preteens as a Wiccan, and then slowly evolved throughout my adult life to be something more like an Atheist Pagan. I don't believe in deities, just energy. I do what feels right to me.
                              Last edited by The Grumble; January 2nd, 2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• I suppose I follow more of the Wiccan route, though I've done a lot of research and feel drawn to the Celtic/Druidry path as well. I traced my ancestry back to ancient Scotland and Ireland so I guess that's why I feel so drawn to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X