Dianic Faith: Goddess only, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dianic Faith: Goddess only, right?

I've never met a Dianic or really been able to find anything definitive on the practice.

From what I gather Dianic paths are influenced by Wicca, they have much the same practice, spells, and the Goddess seems to be the same in a way. I know some follow Diana only, others however still seem to be just follow a supreme Goddess.

However, Dianic faiths do not incorporate the God? Correct? <_^

Originally posted by Dumunzi View Post
    I've never met a Dianic or really been able to find anything definitive on the practice.

From what I gather Dianic paths are influenced by Wicca, they have much the same practice, spells, and the Goddess seems to be the same in a way. I know some follow Diana only, others however still seem to be just follow a supreme Goddess.

However, Dianic faiths do not incorporate the God? Correct? <_^
    Depends on the Dianic in question. Some of them do worship just a Goddess, others worship both but differently, etc.. Many Dianics do have practices similar to Wicca, though they don't all practice the same way.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

McFarland Dianics not only have the God, men are in circle, as well.
      *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
      The Mysteries aren't secret.
      They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
      There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

I'm under the impression however they are not looked upon as being equal though, in the way that tradition Wicca describes the relationship?

Comment

I'm under the impression however they are not looked upon as being equal though, in the way that tradition Wicca describes the relationship?
          Depends on which Dianic you talk to. Some do treat them equally but separately, i.e. they don't have rituals or altars together. Others don't recognize the God and don't have any connection whatsoever with Him. But most don't have the type of relationship that traditional Wicca describes.
          Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

wrong impression
            *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
            The Mysteries aren't secret.
            They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
            There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophia View Post
              Depends on which Dianic you talk to. Some do treat them equally but separately, i.e. they don't have rituals or altars together. Others don't recognize the God and don't have any connection whatsoever with Him. But most don't have the type of relationship that traditional Wicca describes.
              Isn't it true though that unless they are literal Dianics(worshiping the Goddess Diana) many of them are actually worshiping a deity from the Wiccan faith and then ignoring another deity? o_O

Comment

Isn't it true though that unless they are literal Dianics(worshiping the Goddess Diana) many of them are actually worshiping a deity from the Wiccan faith and then ignoring another deity? o_O
                No. Dianics can worship a lot of different Goddesses, and not just Diana. What is the deity from the "Wiccan" faith?

Question everything.

Comment

I am referring to the all around Goddess worshiped in Wicca. I know little of Dianic practice, that's why I'm asking these questions.

Comment

I am referring to the all around Goddess worshiped in Wicca. I know little of Dianic practice, that's why I'm asking these questions.
                    Asking questions is perfectly fine. The all around Goddess that is worshiped by many Dianics isn't really Wiccan in nature, but could have many aspects that are similar. It really depends on the Dianic practitioner.

Question everything.

Comment

Would it be fair to say however that Dianics can trace the lineage of their faith to Wicca though?

Comment

Would it be fair to say however that Dianics can trace the lineage of their faith to Wicca though?
                        Depends on what Dianic path we're talking about. Dianics tend to have two subsections; Dianic Wicca and Dianic Witchcraft. Dianic Wicca (which isn't as popular as Dianic Witchcraft) can trace their lineage to Wicca. However, Dianic Witchcraft is too diverse and has pulled from a lot of different sources (i.e. Charles Leland "Aradia" Gospel of Witches, some ceremonial paths, traditional, bit of Wicca, etc.), depending on the practitioner.

Question everything.

Comment

As my sister Philosophia implied (and excuse me, Ma'am Ph if I got you wrong), it depends on the practitioner.

I know the coven I practiced with and we have our thing. It is mostly traditionalist and probably very quaint, given what is now considered Wiccan. But I don't care for the differences. Dianics have their reasons for doing what they do and I respect them for it.
                          Her Spastic Silliness the Princess Mandarava,
                          Chocolate City Guild President (elected by voter fraud), in the Church of Eris

"Beware of cheap Occidental imitations!"

Tha mi ag ionnsachadh GĂ idhlig

Comment

Hello Goddess Diana our love shared from purity enlightens

Comment

Working...
                            X