This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dianic Print Resources

This List is going to get looooooooooooong. I'm going to just give it a start

The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries: Feminist Witchcraft, Goddess Rituals
    by Zsuzanna Budapest -- The primary resource.

Women's Rites, Women's Mysteries: Creating Ritual In The Dianic Wiccan Tradition by Ruth Barrett -- I haven't read this one but it's generally regarded as on almost equal footing with Z's book.

The Grandmother of Time: A Woman's Book of Celebrations, Spells, and Sacred Objects for Every Month of the Year by Zsuzanna Budapest -- I got this from a lady here at MW. Thanks hon! I loved it

Diane Stein's Guide to Goddess Craft by Diane Stein -- I have an earlier version of this book. It wasn't one of my favorites, but if you are starting, it's a good place.

Casting the Circle: A Women's Book of Ritual by Diane Stein -- This is probably one of the best books on this list.

All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing -- A great resource.

A Wisewoman's Guide to Spells, Rituals and Goddess Lore by Elisabeth Brooke -- This is my favorite book on the list. The guided meditations in it are amazing.

Women Healers : Portraits of Herbalists, Physicians, and Midwives by Elisabeth Brooke -- Another great one.

Medicine Women : A Pictorial History of Women Healers by Elisabeth Brooke -- Interesting, but I like Women Healers a little better

A Woman's Book of Shadows: Witchcraft: a Celebration by Elisabeth Brooke -- This is okay, but the Wisewoman's guide was better for me.

Goddess Spirituality Book by Ffiona Morgan

Mysteries of the Goddess: Astrology, Tarot and the Magical Arts by Ffiona Morgan

Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions under the Moon By Z Budapest

Healing Wise by Susun Weed (and any other book in her series is great too!)

The Witches Goddess by Janet Farrar (not a Dianic source per se, but definitely helpful)

The Goddess in Every Girl: Develop your Teen Feminine Power by M. J. Abadie

Wild Girls: The Path of the Young Goddess by Patricia Monaghan

Goddess Path and Goddess Companion (2 books) by Patricia Monaghan

The New Book of Goddesses and Heroines by Patricia Monaghan

Casting the Circle: A Women's Book of Ritual by Diane Stein

All Women are Psychics by Diane Stein

Woman's Magic by Sue Bowes

Blood, Bread and Roses: How Menstruation Created the World by Judy Grahn

When God Was a Woman by Merlin Stone

The Great Cosmic Mother by Monica Sjoo

The Alphabet Versus the Goddess by Leonard Shlain

The Great Goddess: Reverence of the Divine Feminine from the Paleolithic to the Present by Jean Markale

Descent to the Goddess by Sylvia Brinton Perera

The Sacred Prostitute: Eternal Aspect of the Feminine by Nancy Qualls-Corbett

The Yoni: Sacred Symbol of Female Creative Power by Rufus C. Camphausen

Eleusis: Archetypal Image of Mother and Daughter by Carl Kerenyi

The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image by Jules Cashford

The Once and Future Goddess: A Sweeping Visual Chronicle of the Sacred Female and Her Reemergence in the Cult by Elinor Gadon

To Know: A Guide to Women's Magic and Spirituality by Jade

All books by Barbara G. Walker
    All books by Carol P. Christ
    All books by Marija Gimbutas -- note that while some of these authors have been "discredited" for one reason or another, real or imagined, there is still value in them to the Dianic and anyone who finds values in the stories we tell ourselves.
    All books by Merlin Stone
    All books by Barbara Ardinger

Will write more later! Feel free to add your links.
    Last edited by Mithrea; May 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: additional info

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

One of my favorites is:
    "Ariadne's Thread" - Shekhinah Mountainwater
    A Goddess centred workbook
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

Originally posted by AtheneNemesysNyx
      One of my favorites is:
      "Ariadne's Thread" - Shekhinah Mountainwater
      A Goddess centred workbook
      It is a good one, but it would go in the Womanpath reading thead that I haven't made yet. Technically, according to Shekhinah herself, she is not Dianic and Ariadne's Thread wasn't meant to be a Dianic text.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

Okay, sorry about that!
        Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

Okay, sorry about that!

Don't be sorry hon. To be honest, I got nervous when I saw this thread had any replies. Your response was quite welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrea
            Don't be sorry hon. To be honest, I got nervous when I saw this thread had any replies. Your response was quite welcome!
            Thanks! I think you're doing a wonderful job on providing these resources. Some of these books I've never heard of and, as a Dianic, I find it wonderful and informative. Thank you!

Question everything.

Comment

Thanks! I think you're doing a wonderful job on providing these resources. Some of these books I've never heard of and, as a Dianic, I find it wonderful and informative. Thank you!

I've got more too. :uhhuhuh:

Comment

I would like to know of more books please. Do you happen to know of any with a Celtic focus?, if there is such a thing?
                (\_/)
                (O.o)
                (> <)

Is making plans to take over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Shay Shay
                  I would like to know of more books please. Do you happen to know of any with a Celtic focus?, if there is such a thing?
                  The closest thing I can think of Clan of the Goddess by C.C. Brondwin. It's not exactly what you are looking for, I don't think, but it was the first thing that popped to mind.

Comment

ty
                    (\_/)
                    (O.o)
                    (> <)

Is making plans to take over the world.

Comment

Mysteries of the Goddess: Astrology, Tarot and the Magical Arts by Ffiona Morgan

Grandmother Moon
                      : Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions under the Moon By Z Budapest

I believe in the power of love
                      Let them call me naive
                      But I still believe -Deee-lite

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry Bounce

Grandmother Moon
                        : Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions under the Moon By Z Budapest

Ohhhh. I'll have to add those to my wish list. Thanks

Comment

I so wish I had the money to buy more books. There is quite a few here that I am pretty sure are on my Amazon wishlist. I've said it before and I'll say it again...having no money sucks!!
                          user formerly known as DixieWitch.
                          Me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry Bounce

Grandmother Moon

I added these to the original post, along with a few more. I hope you don't mind.

Comment

I've just gotten "Women's Rites, Women's Mysteries" and so far have enjoyed it in terms of designing ritual whether Dianic or no.
                              Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Working...
                              X