The Goddess Path - Patricia Monaghan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Goddess Path - Patricia Monaghan

Anyone have this book? What are your thoughts?

I picked it up in a new Pagan store I stumbled across yesterday. Just poking at a bit, although I'm already reading bits of The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries and also reading Summoning the Fates, both by Z Budapest.
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

nope, haven't got that one yet, am reading Barrett's Womens Rites, Womens Rituals :spinnysmi
    but please tell me what you think when your done!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Is making plans to take over the world.

Comment

I will, and by the way I adored Women's Rites, Women's Rituals. It is definitely one that will stay in my library for good.
      Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

I was disappointed with The Goddess Path because it didn't seem to be much more than a collection of Goddess stories, so I thought the title was a little misleading--or I thought you had to do too much interpreting to get how it applies to the title. I love Patricia Monaghan, but this is my least favorite of her books.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

Oh and I should also add that her book Wild Girls was much more useful to me--I don't think it matters much how old you are. The exercises were much more engaging and enlightening to me.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

I like it as a reference for getting in touch with some of the goddesses. I agree, it doesn't suggest a path at all, but provides more reference material for inspiration rather than exercises or ideas to create your path. It's useful as a handy quick go-to book when I'm thinking "ok, I want to do a goddess ritual, where can I find some ideas for prayers and themes".
            Om Namah Shivaya.

Comment

Working...
            X