Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Dianic/Goddess book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Dianic/Goddess book?

What is your favorite Dianic/Goddess book? My favorite is a book called "The Book of Goddesses & Heroines" by Patricia Monaghan. It introduced me to a lot of Goddesses I didn't know exist. There are some entries I would dispute but I do enjoy reading it.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

My favorite Godess book is Goddess Alive!:Inviting Celtic & Norse Goddesses into Your Life.
    The book describes many Celtic and Norse Goddesses associated with a part of the year. For each of them there is a fantastic pathworking to meet the Goddess, a rituel, prayer and creative activity. And moreover gerat Goddesses portraits !

extensive description on the publisher site :
    http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/book.php?pn=H080
    Last edited by siannan 13; October 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM.

Comment

hmm, i've been considering picking up the GoddessAlive! book for a while now, maybe i'll finally buckle down and purchase it!

i have quite a few goddess oriented books, so it would be hard to pick my absolute favorite however, i really like Diane Sylvan's book The Body Sacred, and i really enjoyed reading The Mysteries of Isis.

Comment

not new age focus

My latest reading has been more scholarly bent. It focuses on books about one Goddess and their devlopment thru history. Books like Kuan Yin Myths and Prohecies of the Chinese Godddess of Compassion or Hathor Rising.

I have not been doing alot of reading of late so I have new ones I need to pick up.
        Available for Mentoring-PM Me
        check out profile in mentor section
        http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=167636

Comment

The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries by Z Budapest, but that's because it's the only Goddess book I have lol! I also love Unbound: A Devotional Anthology for Artemis by Bibliotheca Alexandrina, but it's not exactly "Dianic" since it includes Her in Greek mythology.

I need some more Goddess books I'm only able to read previews of them in Google Books!

Comment

My favorite is Ariadne's Thread by Shekhinah Mountainwater. While she doesn't consider it Dianic but more just women's/feminist spirituality. It helped shape my path in huge ways
            Listen to my sound. I am the wind, which echos through the trees. The gentle breeze which tickles your flesh. Touch that which you walk upon. I am the green fields filled with fresh flowers. My breast the mountain peaks which reach toward the heavens. My curves the endless canyons. The waters that run through my womb, nourish the sacred river of life. I am the song within the storm. The whisper on the edge of the forest. The silence. The rush of raging waterfalls. Open your eyes my child, for I am everywhere. I have never left you and never will.

Comment

Working...
            X