X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup

Comment

• Yay! :D

I am a tantrik Goddess with six heads. One of the Tantras that was named for me proclaims me as none other than Maa Kali; and while this is true, I carry another name. I ride a lion with Shiva's corpse lying lifeless upon it. My worship is left-handed in nature, and very secretive, but I grant Moksha to my devotees. Can you guess who I am?
      "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

• Is she Kamakhya?

Comment

• That's it! She's a really facinating Goddess.

Here's a cool website I found regarding Her, a Mandir (temple) to her in California

http://www.jaimaa.org/
          "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Cool site! That was a tricky one

okay....

My brother was killed by Vishnu, but I didn't learn any lessons. With my boon from Brahma I thought I was invincible, in fact I was nearly so. I thought I could take over the world, but I was wrong. I was defeated by the god my son was so devoted to. How I hated them both! Who am I?

Comment

• You are the demon Hiranyaksipu

Comment

• Yes! Killed by Narasimha, avatar of Vishnu

Comment

• Trying to bring this back LOL.

To start:

I am an avatar of the Vishnu. I am associated with knowledge and wisdom. I have an animal head and my name, partly refers to it. I am brilliant white and sit on a lotus. Who am I?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agaliha View Post
                    Trying to bring this back LOL.

To start:

I am an avatar of the Vishnu. I am associated with knowledge and wisdom. I have an animal head and my name, partly refers to it. I am brilliant white and sit on a lotus. Who am I?
                    Saraswati ?

Comment

• No Saraswati is a goddess and not an avatar of Vishnu.

I will give another hint: "This said, the Avatar of Lord Vishnu is seen as pulling the sun up to the heavens every day, bringing light to darkness. [redacted name for game here]’s consort is Marichi, the goddess of the rising sun, more accurately the sun’s light which is the life force of all things, and which is seen as the female aspect of [redacted name for game here]. Marichi represents the essence of the power of creation of the cosmos. Whereas [redacted name for game here] represents the other male aspect." - Wiki

Comment

• Originally posted by Agaliha View Post

I will give another hint: "This said, the Avatar of Lord Vishnu is seen as pulling the sun up to the heavens every day, bringing light to darkness. [redacted name for game here]’s consort is Marichi, the goddess of the rising sun, more accurately the sun’s light which is the life force of all things, and which is seen as the female aspect of [redacted name for game here]. Marichi represents the essence of the power of creation of the cosmos. Whereas [redacted name for game here] represents the other male aspect." - Wiki
                        Another hint: Horse head

That's about all I can give without outright solving it.

Comment

Working...
                        X