This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Kemetic Are You?

Okay, so I know we already have one of these, but there's been some path-shifting within this forum, and lots of new people rolling through, so I'm going to take the initiative and start a new poll. What kind of Kemetic are you?

I am Kemetic Orthodox.
    Kemetic Reconstructionist (Solitary)
    10.96%
    Kemetic Reconstructionist (Temple-Affiliated)
    1.37%
    Kemetic Orthodox
    31.51%
    Tameran/Egyptian Wiccan
    17.81%
    Other Kemetic
    38.36%
    Sobeqsenu
    Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
    { Bast & Nut & Khonsu }

tameran wiccan definitely
    Let us be silent that we may hear the whispers of the gods. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Great idea. I voted Tameran/Egyptian Wiccan now.

Plus I replaced the old sticky with this one. Time for a new round of votes to see where everyone is at in their path.

Senebty!
      NefertSatSekhmet
      Daughter of Sekhmet-Mut, beloved of Bast and Aset
      Visit Sekhmet's Pride

MW Forum Guide-
      Paths: Egyptians, Tamerans, and Kemetics

Comment

tameran yes, wiccan no. I am specifically a Druid, who choses to follow the gods through the Egyptian gods/goddess.
        Life is nature's was of keeping meat fresh.
        ~ WITSOTMM ~

Mother Atmospheric Paraffin
        Necromancer and Emergency Responder. One way or the other, I'll bring you back.

Comment

I'm Kemetic Orthodox.
          Djehutyzebetj - "Djehuty's mirth"
          Daughter of Djehuty, Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet

Comment

I was named in the House of Netjer, but I haven't felt a part of the temple for a long time. Both of my Fathers are wanderers, so I suppose it's not much of a surprise that Their daughter wanders, too.
            ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Comment

I voted "Other" because the only option that sounded right... wasn't lol.

I read/study Kametian, Cannonite (Jewish) texts. I don't think there's an exact name for what I practice although when asked I usually respond "Hermetic Kabbalist".
              Shalymar

Following my path where it had lead. For those still wanting a chart interpretation you can go here.

Comment

Kemetic Orthodox

Sat Set her Djehuty, Meryt Ra her Heru-wer

My Poetry My LJ My deviantART

Comment

My path is so eclectic that I don't think any lable applies exactly, but at this point it is probably closer to Tameran Wicca than anything else.
                  😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Comment

I'm an Estonian/Siberian Shamanic Pagan/Witch/Healer with Egyptian leanings. I also incorporate deities, beliefs/ideas from Scandinavian/Norse, Greek or any other Pantheon. I'm just Ecclectic I guess, lol.

Comment

I'm Kemetic Orthodox.

Comment

I put other. I don't follow the kemetic orthodoxy, and I'm not wiccan. I'm just a witch blessed to be guided by the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I. :crown:

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
                        ~temple wall in Luxor~

Comment

Nice, I get to try and define my path for the first time.
                          Lets give it a go!

I am a Dianic Tamerian Wiccan, who also incorporates Asian (Buddhistic) ideas and Universalism.

I have no idea how perfectly correct and spesified that just got, but it is a start! Lol. So I am an ecclectic, but one with a thought path forward into something of my own.
                          "... Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:
                          For being both to me, both to each friend,
                          I guess one angel in another's hell;
                          The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,
                          Till my bad angel fire my good one out..."

-Shakespeare-

Comment

Tameran is closest.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is somewhat of a blurry issue for me, because I would consider myself "Kemetic" in the sense that my religious beliefs are strongly rooted in Egyptian paganism. Yet, my system is Setianism, and from what I understand, some people do not consider Setians to be Kemetic. I have seen this objection come from both sides, actually. Many Setians do not seem to care for the word Kemetic very much, but some apparently do. So, though I recognize that some folks here may not include Setianism in the list of Kemetic faiths, I picked "Other Kemetic."
                              My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

Comment

Working...
                              X