Working with Wepwawet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Wepwawet

As a new pagan, I have attached myself to the gods of the ancient egyptians to call for in times of need and to offer acknowledgement to each day. As a newly escaped member of the harsh regiment of a conservative christian family, I am relunctant to tie myself down to any other religion. I am more generally spiritual than fervently religious.

Anyway, recently I felt a little lost because none of the gods and goddesses I had chosen had communicated with me or chosen me to be their follower. I wandered alone for a few days, calling upon none but the great Creator. Three days after my wandering, Wepwawet came to me in a dream. The dream itself is a little foggy except for the words, "The Dog Chooses You."

I had never even heard of Wepwawet before. Upon doing some research I found that he was a more obscure god. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with him? I am young and not yet very knowledgeable in pagan practices. I would like to be able to please my new found patron, but I know little about him besides the fact that he appears to me as a white sight hound and he likes dried cranberries and feta cheese. =P

Natural Aromatic Cedar Wood Blocks

~The Pokemon Playground Area!

It's an ancient thread, but http://www.per-sabu.org/ has the most complete info on any of the jackal deities, especially Wepwawet.
    Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
    Shrine Beautiful Blog Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces- altars & shrines from many Pagan paths

Comment

Working...
    X