Question regarding the concept of Maat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding the concept of Maat

I've been doing some research about the concept of Maat, and I'm a little confused on one point. I've been seeing Maat defined as the original cosmic order, and I'm not sure what this means. To uphold Maat, must one uphold the way things were meant to be? I understand Maat being truth and justice, but what exactly does cosmic order entail?
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    - Douglas Adams

"Tell me - is this real, or has it been happening inside my head?" "Of course it is inside your head, Harry, but why should that mean it's not real?" -Dumbledore

For me (and me only, this is definitely not any sort of dogma, cannon, or anything official for any group I am a member of), Ma'at is truth, justice... and Balance. She encompasses both "good" and "bad", the "ups" and "downs" of life... She really encompasses /EVERYTHING/. She IS Creation, She is "The Way"... "the path", "the order". However you want to call the way life is "supposed" to be, that is Ma'at. She is always there, ever-present.

(The only thing that "unbalances" Ma'at is [strike]Ap-p[/strike], uncreation itself...)
    ~~ Daughter of Bast-Mut; Follower of Bast-Mut, Amun-Ra, & Khonsu ~~
    ~ Druid-ish Kemetic, affiliated with Kemetic Orthodoxy and O.B.O.D. ~
    ~~ Member of the #MarriageMilitia ~~

Comment

Working...
    X