No announcement yet.

Kemetic Orthodoxy / House of Netjer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Shemsu - next step is to be a Shemsu-Ankh (but that's going to be expensive for me - costs over $2000 (AU) just for the airfair - so probably won't happen for a while)... Any Sau Magician Apprentices? (I have applied!)

Congratulations to the new Remetj aswell - Romani --> I am sure you'll become Remetj soon enough. Maybe you're email got in after the formal post? Just resend it and it'll be ok.
    "I'm a foodaholic and I'm on the road to recovery."
    "You can't really love anyone who never makes you laugh."

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet. Beloved of Satet and Amun-Ra

I offer reasonable priced readings, please take a look here AND on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by BlessedFeathers
      Who else on MW is now Remetj?
      Have been for a few years.
      I am the possessor of the knowledge of the words of magical power, I am the Avenger according to law, I have avenged the injury to his Eye. I have defended Osiris. I have accomplished my journey. The Osiris Ani advanceth with you with the word which is truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by instinct
        Named and Divined is always in two stages.
        You get divined and then you're a Divined Remetj
        If you decide to become a Shemsu, that's when you get named. Hence why it's called your Shemsu Name

I thought Divined Remetj also get Named if they wished.
        I think I asked or read about that. Did I get it confused?
        guess I'll never be Named...as I'm not going to be Shemsu.

Comment

• Unless it's changed recently, then no, you only get Named after you decide to become Shemsu. I was Remetj for quite a while, then became Divined Remetj, and then waited a couple of years after that to become Shemsu, which was when I was Named.

It's cool to see how many HoN people are hanging around here, all under different names! Maybe I need to stick my Shemsu name in my sig somewhere so people know it's me...

~*~taijiya~*~
          ~*~Nehmet in the HoN~*~
          "When I see things and I am unable to discern the cause, my faith in reason and consequences are shaken. Two plus two equals four. I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet. The sun comes up because the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. There are mysteries I will never understand, but everywhere I look I see that for every effect, there is a corresponding cause. Even if I can’t see it. I find that reassuring."

~~Dr. Temperance Brennan, Bones 5x14 "The Devil in the Details"~~

Visit my sites:

Comment

• Originally posted by taijiya
            Unless it's changed recently, then no, you only get Named after you decide to become Shemsu. I was Remetj for quite a while, then became Divined Remetj, and then waited a couple of years after that to become Shemsu, which was when I was Named.

It's cool to see how many HoN people are hanging around here, all under different names! Maybe I need to stick my Shemsu name in my sig somewhere so people know it's me...
            Humm, well thanks for clearing that up. I'll never be Named. Oh well. At least I can be Divined :boing:

Comment

• A blessed feather by any other name would be just as sweet!

Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
              "While I dance I cannot judge,
              I cannot hate,
              I cannot seperate myself from life.
              I can only be joyful and whole.
              That is why I dance."
              --Hans Bos

Comment

• Originally posted by Romani Vixen
                A blessed feather by any other name would be just as sweet!

:uhhuhuh:

Comment

• ahh. I love my fellow crazy cult members
                  · · ·
                  ~
                  gemytyinepu ~
                  · · ·

Comment

• Ima do the Sau course as soon as I can afford it
                    · · ·
                    ~
                    gemytyinepu ~
                    · · ·

Comment

• Ima do the Sau course as soon as I can afford it
                      Did you know you can pay for it lesson by lesson ($10 a lesson)? I wish I could help you out there - I would pay for anyone to do it, if I could afford it myself.

Didn't mean to sound so nasty about it either (sozz)!!
                      "I'm a foodaholic and I'm on the road to recovery."
                      "You can't really love anyone who never makes you laugh."

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet. Beloved of Satet and Amun-Ra

I offer reasonable priced readings, please take a look here AND on Facebook

Comment

• Opet

Originally posted by Romani Vixen
                        Thank you!!!

Can you explain Opet to me? Still not getting all the holidays. Gonna buy the new book when i get money. lol

Sorry I'm just now getting in touch with you about it.

This is my first Opet, so Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but...
                        Opet is The Marriage of Amun and Mut (YAY! :spinner: ) as well as being the birth of the Kingly Ka - Yay!.

Here's some info on it for you. Imakhu Neferu's Site

I love that website.

I'm a Shemsu - one day I'll be a Shemsu-Ankh. One day. I wanna do the Sau course, but will wait until I'm not doing college as intensely. Mostly, I'm just glad I found my home.

Neheti
                        Last edited by Zephyrstorm; October 8th, 2005, 03:50 AM.
                        Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

• *waves little Mut flag*
                          · · ·
                          ~
                          gemytyinepu ~
                          · · ·

Comment

• Originally posted by instinct
                            *waves little Mut flag*
                            :clapping:

Comment

• Hey I am trying to find info for my husband, he is interested in Kemetism I think, he has a statue of Anubis and feels very connected to him. I have found Kemet.org but what books are recommended for beginners & other good web sites? I'm slowly reading thru this thread but definitely have not made it thru all 253 posts.

What specifically correspondes to Anubis like gemstones, herbs & such for an altar, offerings he likes?

Comment

• Yinepu (Anubis... my spiritual Father) likes candy. like. he really really likes candy just remember to remove the wrappers first

he also likes rum. And steak. raw even.

dark colours.. natural colours.. black, greys, dark browns, blues and purples. deep red. gold (they all like gold).

he likes toys too, for some reason. anything that will keep him busy for a bit. he likes fiddling with stuff.

as for gemstones and herbs.. hmm.. obsidian. hematite. lapis.

he likes myrrh and frankencense. sandalwood.

With the gods its often good to get to know them and their tastes through trial and error
                                · · ·
                                ~
                                gemytyinepu ~
                                · · ·

Comment

Working...
                                X