Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azrael Eve
    replied
    I have signed up for the class, dont know if I am going to get in or not... I hope I will.

Leave a comment:

• moon81goddess
    replied
    Agaliha is mostly right, in regards to the lessons... however, attendance at the chats are not mandatory/a requirement.

The only "mandatory" thing about taking the class is to hopefully come into them with an open mind, and to actually read the lessons.

Agaliha is also right in saying that you can find info about how the Ancient Egyptians, and in general modern Kemetics, practice by perusing academic sources and the internet. However, the Kemetic Orthodox beginner's classes are a way to introduce those interested in how we (Kemetic Orthodox practitioners) practice in specific... and, the classes aren't the end-all-be-all, tell-me-exactly-how-to-practice thing. We've got a pretty stable, and decently-sized, community of members who are willing to share how they practice the faith, and most are willing to give suggestions, if you want/need and ask.

Leave a comment:

• Agaliha
    replied
    It's been some years since I was in the Beginners' Class, but I'll answer--

What are the classes like?

You get email lessons and weekly you go into their chat-room where discussion on these lessons is held. I believe the chats are a requirement. The lessons aren't hard to understand and most of them are short. You can also ask questions on their forums. I will say, the info presented isn't profound or impossible to get elsewhere. If you read academic texts or about the topics, you can find the info elsewhere.

How do you: A) get the lessons
    Via email.

B) Take the lessons?
    Via email. And chat. And message board.

You can actually find out more by reading and/or asking on their forums, see---
    http://www.netjer.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

And here is the application:
    http://www.kemet.org/apply.html

Hope this helps?

Leave a comment:

• Azrael Eve
    replied
    Wow, almost 6 year dead post..... *sheepish smile* have to ask questions though.

What are the classes like?
    How do you: A) get the lessons, B) Take the lessons?
    Is it live or by e-mail or what?

I have been looking into this for a bit but this is the first time HoN has popped up for me.

If anyone is still around and can answer my questions I would adore it!
    Last edited by Azrael Eve; March 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: You know, the word to is spelled with an O right?

Leave a comment:

• NefertSatSekhmet
    replied
    I am currently in the beginners class at HON and I really like it. Every week I look forward to the next lesson. Everyone is really great and friendly. At this point I am really thinking about staying on and getting divined and possibly becoming a shemsu, but I am leaving my mind open and not making a decision until the end.

I really think you would like it Shepen.

Leave a comment:

• TaysatWesir
    replied
    Oh yes she does plus my mom knows I experimented with kemeticism before she even likes my statues. The problem is she catholic and not very attune to my converting to another religion.

Leave a comment:

• instinct
    replied
    It should be your own decision.

just break it to your mother slowly. does she know you're interested in egypt?

Leave a comment:

• TaysatWesir
    replied
    Hmm you know what my mother a pretty old excuse maybe if I better explain kemeticism to her she would be fine with me converting.

Leave a comment:

• instinct
    replied
    what is there that would stop you taking the course shepen?

Leave a comment:

• TaysatWesir
    replied
    I really want to apply so hesitant due to my living conditions and whatnot!

Leave a comment:

• Zebi
    replied
    Originally posted by cloudspanther
    pray forgive my questions, but where would I go to see about taking the beginers class?
    Hi Clouds,

You can go here for the application form for the House of Netjer's Beginner's Class: http://www.kemet.org/apply.html

I believe that the next class will be starting up in February. You can join the House's forums and talk with other members there; there are a number of people waiting for the next class who have introduced themselves.

Leave a comment:

• cloudspanther
    replied
    pray forgive my questions, but where would I go to see about taking the beginers class?

I am not very knowledgable about most of this, but I have been devoted to bast for many yrs. Reading threw this I got a definite nudge. This may be why I have been dreaming of shapeshifting into to my feline namesake. I wish to explore this further as the seeking of knowledge is the ultimate to me.

lady bless,
    clouds

Leave a comment:

• Zebi
    replied
    I last posted here in November ... since them, I've had my RPD and have been named. I was divined a daughter of Djehuty and a beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet. I was named Djehutyzebetj ("Djehuty's mirth") - Zebi for short.

Leave a comment:

• Zephyrstorm
    replied
    Nekhtet!

congrats to the new Remetj!

:D
    Neheti

Leave a comment:

• Zebi
    replied
    Em hotep! *henu*

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I'm a Remetj in the House, eagerly awaiting my RPD and Shemsuhood. It's nice to see a place here on MW for us KO'ers to hang out.

Senebty,

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X