Imbolc Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imbolc Recipes

Hi, everyone! With Imbolc approaching, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can share some of the recipes and foods that may be used for feasting and/or offering

My Imbolc menu/offering:
    Honey-baked chicken
    Spinach Salad
    Gouda Cheese
    Dark chocolate pieces
    Honey cakes
    Milk

I'm going to be trying this recipe for the Honey Cakes:
    - 1 cup white sugar
    - 1 cup shortening
    - 1 cup honey
    - 2 eggs
    - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    - 1 teaspoon baking soda
    - 4 cups all-purpose flour
    - 1 teaspoon ground ginger

1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt together sugar, shortening and honey. Let cool.
    2. Mix together eggs, vanilla, baking soda and ginger. Gradually add to cooled honey mixture.
    3. Slowly add 4 cups of flour to mixture. Stir until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until golden (about 12-15 minutes).
    "Not all who wander are lost..."

My Livejournal
    My DeviantArt
    www.journeyweaver.com

ideas?

Sounds like a good recipe. I need to find some more that will work for my circle. I have someone lactose-intolerant and someone allergic to nuts. Wish me luck! Let me know if anyone has any good recipes for the season that I can use without sending anyone to the emergency room!
    sigpicIt's all in your head......... No, Really. I promise it. :boing:

Comment

Thanks for this! We're still trying to figure out what we're doing, so it helps to see what other people are working out for Imbolc.
      "There are mighty few people who think what they think they think." — Robert Henri

Comment

sounds delicious! and how are you making the honey baked chicken?

Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset

I am available for tarot readings

Comment

Mmmm, that made my mouth water!
          sigpic

My God is the Earth, My Bible is my heart. ~Me~

After so long of seeing these cuties, I decided to grab some! Please help it grow!!

Comment

Imbolc Menu

We celebrated Imbolc this weekend because of scheduling problems and the menu included:

potato and leek soup
            cabbage and carrots
            grilled pork chops
            honey cakes
            and barm brack bread

I was just wondering when do you usually preform your ritual before or after the feast? I usually do after and include the honey cakes in the cakes and wine offering.

Thanks!
            If you don't ask then the answer is already "NO", but sometimes forgiveness is easier to receive than permission.

Comment

We had Potato and leek soup with bacon, a sweet beer bread, cinnamon tea and oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X