Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MercyWild
    replied
    We had Potato and leek soup with bacon, a sweet beer bread, cinnamon tea and oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars.

Leave a comment:

• Celmae_Louise
    replied
    Imbolc Menu

We celebrated Imbolc this weekend because of scheduling problems and the menu included:

potato and leek soup
    cabbage and carrots
    grilled pork chops
    honey cakes
    and barm brack bread

I was just wondering when do you usually preform your ritual before or after the feast? I usually do after and include the honey cakes in the cakes and wine offering.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Skylar
    replied
    Mmmm, that made my mouth water!

Leave a comment:

• AmadoreEdana123
    replied
    sounds delicious! and how are you making the honey baked chicken?

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    Thanks for this! We're still trying to figure out what we're doing, so it helps to see what other people are working out for Imbolc.

Leave a comment:

• Citana
    replied
    ideas?

Sounds like a good recipe. I need to find some more that will work for my circle. I have someone lactose-intolerant and someone allergic to nuts. Wish me luck! Let me know if anyone has any good recipes for the season that I can use without sending anyone to the emergency room!

Leave a comment:

• Metta
    started a topic Imbolc Recipes

Imbolc Recipes

Hi, everyone! With Imbolc approaching, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can share some of the recipes and foods that may be used for feasting and/or offering

My Imbolc menu/offering:
    Honey-baked chicken
    Spinach Salad
    Gouda Cheese
    Dark chocolate pieces
    Honey cakes
    Milk

I'm going to be trying this recipe for the Honey Cakes:
    - 1 cup white sugar
    - 1 cup shortening
    - 1 cup honey
    - 2 eggs
    - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    - 1 teaspoon baking soda
    - 4 cups all-purpose flour
    - 1 teaspoon ground ginger

1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt together sugar, shortening and honey. Let cool.
    2. Mix together eggs, vanilla, baking soda and ginger. Gradually add to cooled honey mixture.
    3. Slowly add 4 cups of flour to mixture. Stir until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until golden (about 12-15 minutes).
Working...
X