Love and Light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love and Light!

I love me some love and light, I gotta tell ya.

For years I was skeptical. 4 miscarriages, countless family emergencies in the form of surgeries and emergency room visits, heart attacks and amputations, depression, suicidal tendencies, people dying, wars looming, gas prices making me wonder if I should start drinking gasoline to save money on food. And I'd go "white light? come on now, seriously? life is hell".

Yep. We all know life is hard sometimes, things can suck, people hate their jobs, society is going to hell in a handbasket, and so on, and so forth.

And then we're reminded. Maybe we see that person thanking god for the half eaten sandwich they found in the trash. Or maybe we chance a smile on that exasperated store clerk and they tell us about a good deal they can give us. Or we see our kids faces light up at Christmas, or we help out at a soup kitchen and get therapy from the hungry man who prefers to live in a box.

God lives here too.

Even when there's not enough to eat, there's a child who will smile at you. When he has no clean water, he will still skip stones across the muck.

God lives in this world.

New Age is about finding that God - whoever or whatever that God may be, and however and wherever you might find it. And then its about smiling at your neighbour and doing something kind like picking up their newspaper just so they smile at you and say thanks. And realizing God is in their face, so maybe God is in your smile too.

Where did you find God today?
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

god is at the center of all things.

Comment

Originally posted by RainInanna View Post
      I love me some love and light, I gotta tell ya.

For years I was skeptical. 4 miscarriages, countless family emergencies in the form of surgeries and emergency room visits, heart attacks and amputations, depression, suicidal tendencies, people dying, wars looming, gas prices making me wonder if I should start drinking gasoline to save money on food. And I'd go "white light? come on now, seriously? life is hell".

Yep. We all know life is hard sometimes, things can suck, people hate their jobs, society is going to hell in a handbasket, and so on, and so forth.

And then we're reminded. Maybe we see that person thanking god for the half eaten sandwich they found in the trash. Or maybe we chance a smile on that exasperated store clerk and they tell us about a good deal they can give us. Or we see our kids faces light up at Christmas, or we help out at a soup kitchen and get therapy from the hungry man who prefers to live in a box.

God lives here too.

Even when there's not enough to eat, there's a child who will smile at you. When he has no clean water, he will still skip stones across the muck.

God lives in this world.

New Age is about finding that God - whoever or whatever that God may be, and however and wherever you might find it. And then its about smiling at your neighbour and doing something kind like picking up their newspaper just so they smile at you and say thanks. And realizing God is in their face, so maybe God is in your smile too.

Where did you find God today?
      I like this! This is that positive that I've been looking for in church. I understand you! I didn't realize this was new age...
      sigpicI have been llama'ed by Meisopomenos

Comment

I find God in everyday little things all around me. This morning it was a ladybug in my bathroom.

I also saw God this morning in my 90yr old neighbor who stopped by to tell me he'd be burning the leaves in my ditch today. I told him he didn't need to worry about my ditch but he told me it would give him something to do and keep him moving....

Comment

:boing:I found God in reading RainInannas post today...am wearing a huge smile.....that I can pass on today....every tiny loving remark, every smile, is of God....learning to quiet ourselves so that we can actually see and feel the goodness that those are sharing with us...staying in confusion/anger etc has the possibility to harden our hearts to the simple loving gestures....seeing a bee kiss a flower...that is like WOW and yes I can choose to say damn bees get out of my way...or swat at it so my illusion of being stung is ful filled....or I can see the wonder in seeing a part of this glorious world...each choice effects us ALL.:boing:
          Enter Her World
          ~Jaqueline Frost touches the flowers~

sigpic

Comment

Thank you

I found God in the Catholic church Sunday. I hadn't gone to church because of hurt feelings since I was a little girl, but I went to take my boys and see my Grandmother and Grandfather in law, and to please my mother in law, and to let my little boys see the culture that lives in their heart too. And I cried. I didn't understand most of it because it was in Ukranian or Greek, and I didn't know the priest had done his sermon knowing we would come, about family and divine sons, and every word he spoke was made for me to hear somehow. And somehow I found god in my sons as well as Jesus, and in my father as well as God, and in my brothers, husband, and friends, and in my mother, and sisters, and aunts. And I cried, and cried. And it was beautiful. The singing, in a language I did not know, and the ritual movements by a man who took the role of priest, and the role of father, and the role of brother and friend, and I never knew how much I missed that God and how I could still find God in church.
            Last edited by RainInanna; January 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM.
            Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

I do not go to church often but it is so weird as you say....when you do go it feel like the minister/priest is saying just what you need to hear.....and all we have to do is be open to recieve....when I pray I always ask that I be open to recieve the gift that are available to me...just something I thought I would share....I feel that all the gifts are right there for us....it is US who do not recieve for whatever reason...hate, anger, blocked energies...
              Enter Her World

sigpic

Comment

Yes. I chose to go to church when I was a child, just a few times, and stopped going. And for a long time I thought I had to find god in Paganism, not Christianity. And when I realized my soon to be in laws are Catholic, I panicked. Now only to find the same god is there, the same answers can be found, the same words can be spoken and sung, and the same love can be seen in the myth. I missed hearing God in church, thinking I couldn't find the Sacred there. It was so beautiful. I don't know if we'll go again soon, but it was mind-shattering.
                Om Namah Shivaya.

Comment

I highly doubt you will walk without love and light ever again....it is tooo exciting and fun eh?
                  Enter Her World

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it's exciting, but it is fun And it's so easy. Effortless for me anyway.
                    Here everybody has a neighbor
                    Everybody has a friend
                    Everybody has a reason to begin again

Comment

god was never my problem with organized religion. organized religion was/is my problem.

Comment

you have no idea how nice it is to share with people of like minds... never wanting to use the word God in other forums incase I get it thrown back in my face....and not quite fitting in the Christian threads..
                        Enter Her World

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by octoberskys View Post
                          god was never my problem with organized religion. organized religion was/is my problem.
                          The wrong people have been my problem.

However they choose to organize their so called "religions".

Word play to me.
                          Here everybody has a neighbor
                          Everybody has a friend
                          Everybody has a reason to begin again

Comment

Seeing God(s)

Greetings,

We often hear it said that there is no one "right" path to enlightenment or to God(s), and we assume it's true if only because it is a noble, tolerant, and uplifting statement... but I have seen and felt the presence of the Divine in most religions and spiritualities where I've visited -- sometimes very powerfully, and other times quite subtly. I know the statement is true.

I would agree with the person who said that it is not the path, but the people on the path that determine whether a real connection is possible. In this country, I have never experienced this connection in a Christian church, but I experienced it quite powerfully once while visiting a small neighbourhood church in Paris. The power in that place had clearly been there since its inception; it was very real on every level, but then the people who were there praying in the middle of a workday created a space where this energy could manifest. They were at peace within their own hearts and did not seem to feel the need to define someone else's experience for them or try to recruit them as members. They trusted completely the authentic power of the experience. Because of this trust, the environment they created together was warm and welcoming without being oppressive or manipulative. Real trust makes real experiences of Spirit possible.

I do not choose my path because it is the only place where I have felt the presence of Spirit, but because it is the place where Spirit speaks to me most directly and offers me personal guidance in a form I can appreciate, understand, and embrace... because it is the right fit for me in this lifetime.

I am glad you experienced this great healing, no matter where or from what loving source.

Be well and be blessed.
                            Last edited by Morgaine_cla; January 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: grammar
                            * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

Comment

Sometimes the universe is not transmitting on my frequency...:bigredgri

Or maybe I am temporarily in another dimension...:uhhuhuh:

On the other hand...left one , of course...I am a firm believer , in
                              not relying on a god , or the universe , but doing it myself...

Thus , when I have the "need" for transmitting , or recieving ,
                              what are called "Love" and "Light" , which I know to be a
                              "Force" , and a "Form" , I tune myself to their frequency , or
                              expand my bandwidth , as applicable...

Over and Out...:bigredgri

Originally posted by FairieSpirit View Post
                              it is US who do not recieve for whatever reason...hate, anger, blocked energies...

Comment

Working...
                              X