New Age: Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Age: Questions!

Read through all the threads here on this topic, but I still have some questions (if not more!).

I am currently defining myself away from the Wiccan path. I like the general term and def. on New Age, but I am finding it a bit difficult to "get", as to integrating thing into my definition of my own beliefs. (Sort of an eclectic pantheist).

The thing is;
    I have always looked at my path more religiously, but now I am searching more for a lifestyle based on spiritual principles and "building-bricks". Because my focus was so much on believing in something, that I forgot to follow what I really feel.

I mean, this is not about stepping out in the dark, because I know what I believe, I know what I feel, and I know what I want to do. So, I have everything I need, besides a definition.
    That definition is very much needed. Something to take those extra leaps from, explore more, get a box! I need a map!
    Lol..

So, as for my questions:

* New Age is an umbrella term, so you need to find the spesifics. Well, what if you don`t have the spesifics?

Like in my example. I don`t believe in divinity. Have tried, but it`s not for me.

I am a pantheist, in the sense that I believe in the Universe, and that we are all a part of it, and each other. I don`t think of it as a concious divine entity (in that case, we are all partly divine, lol), but a sort of surrounding dimension of energy, floating around, inside and above us, that can push and pull, somewhat dependant on natural laws, spiritual laws and physical laws. And balance

But then again, following the New Age umbrealla, I also believe; that we are spirit, everything is spirit, and we can reach out through spirit. Our concious selves and our subconcious selves can reach out to and affect each other, and our concious/subconcious selves can affect and reach out to others.

I also believe in life-lessons, which are essensial for balance. That these are not predetermined or controlled, but comes naturally in our lives, and contributes to the balance we need to move on.

I believe in the use of what I now have seen defined as spirit tools (used these before, under the Wicca period); Chrystals, candles, etc. So, you could say I believe in gem-magick and candle magick, although I am no longer that comfortable with that term. Magic(k). It might just be a different term for the same thing though. Means to "reach out" through spirit.

I also feel that (which have been really wrapped in negative packages some places) understanding, wholeness, being one with yourself and other is important, and that the spiritual lifestyle can help you grow, develop as a human being, a person, and as a social being. That it can help us defeat the demons we struggle with in our everyday life.

Oh, and let`s not forget the eclectic tendencies I couldn`t shake of from the Wicca:

My "ideas" (instead of goddesses):

*Hequet: Representing elements water/earth: Something safe, family, that ties me with everything else.
    *Maat: Balance, reason and truth.

These were supposed to be questions, but I guess it`s turned into more of a "I believe-" summary.

Sigh. I guess my question is; where am I? Does this go under some sort of New Age pantheism, or under some other "paths". See, I thought I could get away with just calling myself a New Age pantheist, but since New Age is an umbrella term, with a lot of negative assiciations to it, I thought it would be nice going a bit more spesific.

(Sorry for this obscenely long post..)
    "... Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:
    For being both to me, both to each friend,
    I guess one angel in another's hell;
    The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,
    Till my bad angel fire my good one out..."

-Shakespeare-

I guess I would class myself as new age..............I take from different religions that work for me and work them...as in I believe that all rocks*crystals* have gift to share with us.....all animals, flora and fawn is of spirit and each has a lesson to teach us if we choose to follow that path...that is just one part...I beleive in Jesus Christ...I beleive we are here to raisse of levels of concousness to bring us closer to spirit so that we can utilize our true gifts through Christ...Just believe what you do and if you feel you beleive in this *slot* put yourself there...as far a negative conotations about New Age.....I find it had to judge the name *New Age* as every person is following their own path within a label....each individual would then have to be judged and *who are any of us to just another* I thought we were all here to help each other learn and grow*

Just start living some of your life....take small steps and it will lead you somewhere....practice the walk for a while and see how you feel then

Enter Her World
    ~Jaqueline Frost touches the flowers~

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you`re right

Actually, I have walked the walk for a few years, even in a way did when I was a little out of it a period. Still used my stones, still did the star-walk, and talked to the trees and the sky. So, in a way I do feel that the actual walking is natural, and with no troubles for me The Universe doesn`t disappear just because I do..

I am adjusting the trivial theory to my actual beliefs this time, and to the truths I already have, not the other way around. It`s a bit like knowing an island by instinct, but feeling the need to draw a map.
      "... Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:
      For being both to me, both to each friend,
      I guess one angel in another's hell;
      The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,
      Till my bad angel fire my good one out..."

-Shakespeare-

Comment

sounds like panentheism to me.

Comment

Working...
        X