What is Ascension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Ascension?

I was wondering, I've seen the term Ascension come up in various New Age literature, and I was just wondering, what the term means, or what it means to you?, like I wouldn't say I'm a New Ager (although, part of the spirituality of the New Age appeals to me), but, I've always been intrigued by the concept of Ascension.

Does it mean ascending to a higher plane of existence or something else?.

Personally, I've always liked the concept of Ascension that comes up in Stargate SG-1, if you haven't seen the series, the basic idea is there was a group of beings long ago who learnt how to ascend to a higher plane of existence, it gives them a different perspective on things, various powers, knowledge, etc, but, it doesn't make them all powerful, and one of the things I like is there are even higher levels you can reach beyond that, it's not an end in itself (it might have some similarities to Gnosticism too).

Anyway, I was just curious.

Thanks for any help .

To me it basically means, or seems to mean, rising spiritually and perhaps physically to a higher place. Becoming more civilized or spiritually pure. Theosophy talks a lot about it, especially with the idea of the "White Brotherhood."

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

Working...
    X