This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhisiart View Post
    See, lazy...I think its the main belief of EMO's! Gothic Fatalism...hmmmm....
    That is offensive in several ways... Are you calling all goths and emos both lazy and the same thing?

To me pantheism is simply to perceive everything that exists as sacred and/or worthy of reverence or fascination. It is basically atheism, but with a different way of looking at the universe. Even the negative things we encounter are part of everything, but it's most often impossible to appreciate them when they are happening though, because we humans are natural too.

I like to celebrate the cosmos in marking the changing seasons and sometimes the moon, because it lets me express my appreciation and makes me happy. In truth our solar system is only one of many, but I am being affected by these local solar, terrestrial and lunar events emotionally (and sometimes physically), and so it is a symbolic celebration of everything.
    Here at the edge of this world
    Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
    If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
    Then God is not dead
    -Agalloch, In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

Comment

I feel that I am pantheist. I learned a little abut on this site and it seems to connect with what i'm about. My connection with life and the earth as a whole is what encourages me to choose this path.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
        I feel that I am pantheist. I learned a little abut on this site and it seems to connect with what i'm about. My connection with life and the earth as a whole is what encourages me to choose this path.
        Welcome to our corner of MW, GreatGarfield! This part of the forum is pretty quiet, for the most part, but we're still a pretty great group of people, if I do say so myself.
        If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
        helps you feel your life protects you,
        cradles you and connects you to everything.
        Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

Hello.

I have been researching different ideologies inside Paganism, and I have a question; does Pantheism in any way resemble Animism?

My husband is an Animist, and until I met him, I had honestly never heard of it.

I just considered myself an Eclectic, but, I would like to know exactly more on what Pantheism ideology entails.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Astucity View Post
            Hello.

I have been researching different ideologies inside Paganism, and I have a question; does Pantheism in any way resemble Animism?

My husband is an Animist, and until I met him, I had honestly never heard of it.

I just considered myself an Eclectic, but, I would like to know exactly more on what Pantheism ideology entails.

Thank you.
            Hey there, Astucity.

Here's my take on the matter: pantheism and animism don't resemble each other, per se, but they are, in a lot of ways, two sides of the same coin. Let's call them macro and micro versions of the same general worldview.

Animism holds that every entity on the planet has its own animating spirit and unique life and identity (and that does mean every entity: a rock, a cat, a computer monitor--everything). Pantheism holds that the entire Universe, considered as a whole, is God--or at least synonymous with what most monotheists think of as "God".

A person can be both a pantheist and an animist; in fact, I apply both of those labels to myself. The more I explore my animism, though, the less it seems a religious stance and the more it seems a way of interacting with my surroundings, a way of understanding a world whose every surface teems with life. This is the micro view. On the other side is pantheism, which imbues everything (and, again, most pantheists do mean everything) with an immanent divinity simply because it exists and engages in the dynamic unfolding of the Cosmos. The macro view.

I hope this helps.
            If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
            helps you feel your life protects you,
            cradles you and connects you to everything.
            Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

for myself...i look at it like this,the universe is the ULTIMATE recycling machine....everything gets recycled in some form,our world,small as it is,is recycling as we speak,when i "pop my clogs" i too will be recycled,as what?
              i have no idea......but even if its just worm food,i've done my bit.

my view may be simplistic to you guys n gurlzz......but thats the way i like it.
              i can identify with the world i see around me,and how EVERYTHING interacts at some point with everything else.
              however i do not believe in a god or gods..........
              so.......what does that make me?????
              apart from totally messed up...!

Brilliant thread by the way........and its a great site..........keith

Comment

Working...
              X