X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eleisawolf View Post
    Peggyelizabeth,

Exactly!

You're the fourth person on the Pantheism board who is artistically inclined, and the third I know of who is performance inclined... I wonder how many more of us are...

Theater definitely makes it harder to have time to read... heh.

Peace
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday and today, we certainly are a creative bunch! I feel honored to know y'all.

and really, it is a good thing to be living our own lives and paths...and not sitting around reading about others lives and paths all the time. I value books...they have their place, but it is not front and center.

Here is a user friendly option for all us busy types...we read a book chapter by chapter, or essay by essay...or even an article or poem. Something short...and we take our time discussing it. No need to rush through in a day or two, or a week or two, or even a month or two.

It can be "play as we go"...start a thread for each little piece and folks jump in if and when they can. For those who are too busy or poor to do the reading now...they can still benefit from the discussion, and decide if they want to spend their limited fund of time and cash on the subject at hand...based on what they see.

I have a book of earth prayers, and a UU service book here, full of short thought provoking readings. I'm sure folks know of online articles they'd like to discuss with friends.

This is a good way to acknowledge and honor the What Is in our lives.

Wish I could see all your performances...I love live theatre.
    My husband teaches at a college and I get free entry to all the drama and music performances. It is an incredible perk.
    In a love affair with sunshine

Live this day like an altar to what you believe

Comment

Awhile ago I bought a biology book called Endless Forms Most Beautiful so I'm gonna read that.

Comment

Glenys Livingstone posted a link to her most recent essay on another board where I moderate. I really enjoyed reading her take on the Beltane/Samhain balance, which I suppose is more evident to an Antipodean, since so much of the pagan press is Northern hemisphere-centric.

here's the link: http://www.matrifocus.com/SAM07/pagaian.htm

I find her naturalist approach to the Wheel of the Year resonates for me.

I'm out of my mind, please leave a message...

Comment

I'd like to add my tiny voice to the proceedings. How about Barry Lopez? I truly love "Desert Notes/Reflections in the Eye of a Raven." It's very short but dense. I'm also passionate about "The Beak of the Finch/A Story of Evolution in Our Time." Neither are pantheism per se but their language and message is so rich and exciting. I think the trick here is to pick something rather small like poetry or short essays. I'd love to see what people have to say... but it looks like this is basically a dead thread.
          The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
          --Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by RavenStars View Post
            I'd like to add my tiny voice to the proceedings. How about Barry Lopez? I truly love "Desert Notes/Reflections in the Eye of a Raven." It's very short but dense. I'm also passionate about "The Beak of the Finch/A Story of Evolution in Our Time." Neither are pantheism per se but their language and message is so rich and exciting. I think the trick here is to pick something rather small like poetry or short essays. I'd love to see what people have to say... but it looks like this is basically a dead thread.
            Nah, threads around here are never dead, RavenStars - they're just resting. They're pining for the fjords.

These sound interesting; I'll definitely look into them once I'm done with all the boring reading I'm doing for school.
            If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
            helps you feel your life protects you,
            cradles you and connects you to everything.
            Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Comment

Okay, I didn't know if I should make a new thread or not...?

I just wanted to share because it appears interesting (from my flipping through). I got a book from the library called:
              Standing in the Light: My Life as a Pantheist (Amazon)

Here's the Google preview

It's a biography/memoir I guess, but from what I've seen it talks a lot about Pantheism, various philosophers and other things of interest.

I'm going to give it a read.

Last edited by Agaliha; March 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X