X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antaea
    replied
    This year I started Samhain today. Went for a walk, visiting my ritual place on the rocks towards the sea probably for the last time this year, before the snow makes it impossible to go there. And suddenly I found myself drawing the circle and calling the Dark Mothers.... Today night, 2 hours ago, I prepared to plates with food for the dead, one for my human deceased and one for my cats, and placed them on the stairs, inviting them into my house. I created a dragon as my personal protecting spirit, refusing all malevolent beings the entrance into my sphere. Unfortunately, my cat Moshi insisted to go outside. And you can imagine, what has happened to the plate with cat-food.....I do not use candles outside because of the real danger of fire. But the light in the hall will stay turned on all night, and one window opened.... Tomorrow after work at 9 pm I¨ll have a final ritual on the cemetary nearby. And perhaps place the food outside once more. Tomorrow Moshi has to stay inside, at least until midnight. The surroundings might not be safe for him tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Aine de Morrigan
    replied
    My first post on Mystic Wicks... have to start somewhere! And I'm liking this Pantheism sub-forum.

My birthday is on Halloween, so I'll be celebrating in style. xD Well, just casual drinks and a night out on the town with some friends this year.

I'm interested to see how many of you will be doing ritual/circle. This is definitely something I can just figure out myself from browsing the forum, but are most of you pantheists also following another path? As in... do you consider yourselves patheist Wiccans or pantheist Witches? Sorry if this is a silly question, and too off-topic!

EDIT: Ok, reading through some of the FAQ list has basically answered my question, so feel free to ignore it! I must say it's exciting to find out that there are lots of people who seem to have a very similar take on Paganism to me.
    Last edited by Aine de Morrigan; October 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Calicolynx
    replied
    Originally posted by Windsmith View Post
    Well, personally I think it's much less likely to be an actual disk and more a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
    Bahahahaha!! Love spotting DW fans

I view time sort of like a spiral - its continously going forwards, but if you were to look at it with the right angle, it's a circle.

This Hallowe'en/Samhaim I'm spending by myself due to being in isolation way up North. It's going to be an adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Wolf
    replied
    I'm not doing much for Halloween this year sadly, even though it is my favorite holiday. I am however going to a Day of the Dead festival on Nov. 1st

Leave a comment:

• Windsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Lehnah View Post
    I've often wondered what it's like to be a wanderer in the fourth dimension....
    It's much better now that there's Google Time.

Leave a comment:

• Lehnah
    replied
    Well, personally I think it's much less likely to be an actual disk and more a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff
    I've often wondered what it's like to be a wanderer in the fourth dimension....

Leave a comment:

• Windsmith
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Runa~ View Post
    Of course they are "cyclical". It's regarded as a wheel that turns around and comes round again. Time isn't linear. Maybe you should regard the year as a disk and not a straight rigid line.
    Well, personally I think it's much less likely to be an actual disk and more a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
    Last edited by Windsmith; October 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ~Runa~
    replied
    Okay then but I couldn't resist posting that :kooky:

Leave a comment:

• Lehnah
    replied
    Runa, I'm pretty sure that Windsmith was being sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

• ~Runa~
    replied
    All right, then, fellow pans. Another holiday comes rapidly upon us (again?!? It's almost like this things are...cyclical or something).
    Of course they are "cyclical". It's regarded as a wheel that turns around and comes round again. Time isn't linear. Maybe you should regard the year as a disk and not a straight rigid line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheeloftheyear.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	6167475

Leave a comment:

• Lehnah
    replied
    I'm totally against Halloween. It'd just become another mass-marketed 'holiday' that only serves to make big business more money. As an Australian, I hate getting asked to go to Halloween parties. It really bothers me that the American custom of Halloween is taking hold here. It's the wrong time of year, for a start.

Samhain, however, I'm fine with. It's the traditional, original sabbat and Aussie pagans celebrate it at the right time of year for our cycle. It's the falseness of Halloween that really gets to me.

Leave a comment:

• SkylarB
    replied
    Since it's been years since I cast a circle and held ritual, so I'm going to do a "practice" circle this week. I'll cast a circle and consecrate my tools and just spend a bit of time enjoying my sacred space. On Halloween day, I will do a ritual when I have the house to myself (hubby at work, oldest son at school, toddler son taking nap). I will be planning it this week and it will include a few messages to my grandparents that have passed. I haven't decided if I will to a Tarot card reading during my ritual celebration, or do it later at night after trick or treating.

I will be taking my two boys out trick or treating on Halloween night for the secular part of the holiday .

Leave a comment:

• Jrdyn
    replied
    For us it is a favourite time to celebrate family and friends.
    We have an open house - everyone welcome, we have games and sing songs and share food/drink and stories.
    We decorate for the secular aspect - and everyone is in costume.
    Every bottle that is opened, we parade to the yard and pour the first drink in honour of friends and family who have passed (by the end of the night, many drinks have been named in honour of loved ones).
    When the last guests have left, we clean the house and I usually meditate at sunrise.
    It is a wonderful, laughter-filled, exhausting evening - and we look forward to it all year.

This year in the afternoon before the open house, I will be celebrating with friends in a more formal ritual too (should be very moving- amazing bunch of people!).

Leave a comment:

• aynfean
    replied
    Eleisawolf I love the idea of setting a plate at the window with a light. I may just have to steal that if you don't mind.

I see this season as a kind of new year and definitely feel the seasonal change. Been spending a lot of time preparing my house, getting ready for winter and doing a good tidy.

Leave a comment:

• Windsmith
    replied
    Thanks for sharing about your traditions with us, Katsbrain. It's been quiet in here for a while; nice to have some voices again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X