This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone celebrate Imbolc?
    Umm just us pagans to my knowledge. Speaking of which it's about sundown and time to light some incence!

I Love you all.

Peace,
    Twiig
    Its Edna the Stunt Double. "Help, I've fallen and I have no legs!"[/FONT]
    Yesterday is but a memory.
    Tomorrow? But a dream.
    You can only live for Today.
    So make today a yesterday worth remembering fondly tomorrow! (c)

Click HERE to enter Paxglade Valley!!!
    YahooIM...twigjatmetacrawler
    Official Crazy Old Man of MW!

AKA Mad Jack Cash - Bard on the Loose

Comment

Originally posted by Jadewynd~ View Post
      Happy Imbolc! Yes, I celebrated today at sundown. The last 2 days I prepared for Imbolc. Cleaned out the cob webs and did some early Spring cleaning. I actually started Spring cleaning after the New Year. But continued to throw out the old and dust collectors. Living my life more simple these days according to the 8 Limbs of Yoga. It's great to unload a bunch of junk!

Celebrated with a little ritual , lit candles in every room and finishing off with some Indian food with my husband. 8)
      Thanks for this. I cleaned the cobwebs on Monday - guess that was my celebration of Imbolg. Several problems prevented our group from getting together to celebrate on the weekend. Don't know if we want to try this coming weeken or not.

Comment

nope.

Comment

Hee. I know this is late, but this previous February, I celebrated Imbolc as a period of ritual cleansing, spending February praying and ritually bathing every morning. I was especially aware of my poor health and the changes I would have to instigate in my life if I wanted to honestly be healthy and hale, happy and spiritually fulfilled. I went through a lot of thinking and preparing and cleansing. Now it's May, and I stopped smoking cigarettes (it's been a month), changed my diet from junky to healthy, improved my work habits and began routines for cleaning my house and paying bills (which I was having a problem keeping up with).

I think I'll perform that cycle of cleansing every year!
          ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Comment

Time to "bump" this! I enjoyed re-reading all the input and insights!

This is the start of the Season of Austerity for me, six weeks of "keep it simple". Using up the food in the pantry, not buying new clothes, etc. Life has brought me to a place where I work in a tourist site, and our hours of work are drastically cut, so "austerity" is the name of the game.

My emotional life is challenging right now as well. My divorce, following 25 active years of marriage and two years of separation, will be finalized on Mar 28. I am in addiction recovery and taking a serious and focused look at what I want to keep and what I want to shed in my life. I didn't have the time or insight to write a fresh ritual this year, but in keeping with simplicity and using what is stored, I am going to pull out an old one and keep it simple. My small room was so cluttered that I did some serious rearranging a few months ago and my generous alter space has been reduced to a very tiny one.

This year I have chosen to use the Major Arcana of the Tarot as the focus for daily meditation. I have found them very powerful in my recovery process. And I always think if Windsmith's idea of this being a holy day and season for art. The cold, often icky weather, does invite one to stay where it's cozy and create something meaningful. I am getting some half finished projects done.

I was so glad to be able to find this old thread. Though I have been keeping my private practice and observation of my faith tradition, I have really missed having a faith community, like the one here.
            In a love affair with sunshine

Live this day like an altar to what you believe

Comment

Originally posted by cheddarsox View Post
              I observe the cross quarter, but not as Imbolc.

Winter Solstice feels like anything but the return of the sun to me. Days are still short and dark, and nights long and cold. By Feb 2...I am about pulling out my hair, I am so ready for Spring...but it isn't here yet. I feel like I am running out of resources...my coping mechanisms starting to wear thin. So for the past several years, I have come up with this version of "when life hands you lemons...make lemonade" to get me through to Spring Equinox when the world is a brighter place again.

On Feb 2 I begin my "season of austerity". I simplify things, strip my life down to essentials. For six weeks I get the chance to sort through what in my life is a need, and what is a desire...not because one is better than the other, but just for clarity. I fast from different things...sometimes food, sometimes thought processes, or actions. I allow myself to experience me without something in my life, and see what that is like.

I usually wear something on my person to remind myself...a ring, or bracelet, or something that keeps my intent in mind.

It is like an annual molt for me, shedding the old fur, feathers and skin...to see if a new pattern is emerging beneath.

cheddar
              I really like this idea cheddarsox! February 2nd often coincides with Lent in my practice. I may have to do something similar...
              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
              Albert Einstein
              Tumblr
              My New Spiritual Journal

Comment

Working...
              X