X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Guide Nominations: Paths: Pantheism

The nominations are now open!

We are currently looking for one new Guide for Paths: Pantheism.

Just a reminder for those who weren't around when the first round of nominations came about:

Guides are not moderators. However, we are working on having new "powers" for the Guides so that they may now move, stick, close and edit threads on their own. Guides also encourage activity in the forum, whether by introducing new topics, starting games, etc.

There will be no vote afterward. When the nominations close, I will take the nominees to the other admins and we will discuss who we think will be a good guide for each forum.

The rules for nomination:

1. Nominate two members who you think will make good guides and will have fun at it! We don't want to think of this as work.

2. If you are nominated and don't want the position, you can always decline.

3. No admins.

The qualifications for a Forum Guide nominee:

1. Should be a member for 6 months, or a regular posting member in the forum in which they are nominated.

2. Should have at least 250 posts. Nominee should have a significant number of posts in the forum in which they are nominated.

3. Should not be currently on Admin radar - nominees who directly refuse to heed Administrative directives will not be considered for the position.

4. Must be willing to commit to the position. If a Guide is found to be unreliable, does not log in (without prior notice) exceeding 3 months, or is shown to be ineffective in their forum, status will be revoked.

Nomination thread will close in approximately two weeks (September 25). After the admins have done all their discussing and have chosen a new Guide, I will come back and make an announcement.

Have fun!

Tyger although it might not be the best time for him to be making commitments like this

Comment

TygerTyger
      Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
      Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

*nods* he was the first I thought of as well

Comment

Oh No!

Comment

Oh yes! lol :uhhuhuh: I wasn't sure if you'd have time/energy with the operation etc coming up but I think you'd be the obvious choice

Comment

I can't guide a pub crawl me! :uhhuhuh:

Comment

Originally posted by TygerTyger View Post
                I can't guide a pub crawl me! :uhhuhuh:
                Sure you could! Besides reading this here:

Originally posted by Flaire-FireStar View Post
                Guides are not moderators. However, we are working on having new "powers" for the Guides so that they may now move, stick, close and edit threads on their own.
                you could turn yourself into 'the high priest of pantheism' by making all your own threads stickies and closing and moving any other old threads that don't agree with your 'one and only true way' into just silly. Also you could edit any new posts by other people who don't agree with your views to say how great your views are, before anyone else has the chance to see them, and then quickly close the thread and make it a sticky before the posters have a chance to change it back.

Just think about the possibilites...

............................:crown:¦
                :fpraise::fpraise::fpraise::fpraise::fpraise: :fpraise: ¦-¦

Comment

Power corrupts and I don't want to be corrupted!

I don't mind the idea of guiding people, if they ask, but I'm also happy to sit under my philosophical tree and watch Existence pass by.

Comment

You sort of naturally guide a lot of the discussions already TygerTyger, so I reckon you'd be great!

Comment

Originally posted by spiral View Post
                      You sort of naturally guide a lot of the discussions already TygerTyger, so I reckon you'd be great!
                      That's flattery that is! :uhhuhuh:

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else and say TygerTyger.

He's a wise man and I think he would do a splendid job.
                        "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

Nah, lol, it's all true. But like green aventurine said, we know you have a lot going on, so don't feel bad if you don't want to

Comment

Actually, although I might be incapacitated immediately before and after the pending surgery, which is still pending 2 months after getting the finance in place, I will have a long recovery period, between 3-6 months, before I can return to work.

Although I have some other projects, like finishing my book and learning digi-art, I don't expect being a guide in the Pantheist section would be that taxing.

I'll have to think up some new ways of promoting discussion in there though!

Comment

Yay

Lol, I think sometimes the problem with discussions in the pantheism forums is that we all agree with each other most of the time! There's a limit to how much you can add when you agree completely with what's already been said.

Comment

Working...
                              X