"Crime" and "Punishment"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Crime" and "Punishment"

Question: A satanist violates one of the Eleven Rules, specifcally Rules Nine and Ten. Does the COS have a mechanism for punishing those violations, such as shunning, banning, or something similar?
    Last edited by BlueMoon13; June 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM.
    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.
    Cheerfully providing the loyal opposition

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

I've been ghosted by ~Elise~

www.fisherhouseboston.org

Hmm, thats an interesting question...but what about those who are not members of the COS?... and who violated these rules

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

Originally posted by Galadraal View Post
      Hmm, thats an interesting question...but what about those who are not members of the COS?... and who violated these rules
      COS members and those acting at their direction.
      “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” -- George Orwell

In The Art of Discworld, Pratchett says, "I've always suspected that Nanny is, deep down, the most powerful of the witches and part of her charm lies in the way she prevents people from finding this out."

I solemnly vow to give the current president all the respect that was given to the last president.

"....a powerful sorceress must be cautious about aligning herself with, and transferring power to, unworthy men

Comment

Just from taking a quick look the Church does not seem to stand on ceremony when tossing some one out

They have had plenty of ego clashes within their ranks over the years and some speak of being "kicked out" or "satanically excommunicated" but it seems to an informal procedure

if a simple "get lost" will suffice they might not feel the need for anything more elaborate
        "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

Comment

Originally posted by Garm View Post

if a simple "get lost" will suffice they might not feel the need for anything more elaborate
          True, but how would those in authority be made aware of these violations. I also know that criminal actions are not tolerated by the Church, but again, how would they be informed? Anyone know?

Comment

My question has been answered.

Comment

From what I understand ...

From what I understand about the C.O.S., they require all kinds of proof that the allegations are true, in the form of documented evidence and the like. Many of their members come to my events along with various other Witches, pagans and tourists, and I count several of them as good friends. As I understand it, they hold a great deal of enmity for those who would harm animals, children, or any person, which is one of the reasons I gave them a chance and overcame my initial perceptions of them. Everyone I've met from the C.O.S. are intelligent and fascinating people.

Blessings,

Christian Day
              Salem
              Last edited by Christian Day; June 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM.
              "I have heard people rant and rave and bellow
              That we're done and we might as well be dead,
              But I'm only a cockeyed optimist
              And I can't get it into my head."

Rogers and Hammerstein, South Pacific

sigpic

Comment

Anybody who violates 9 and 10 is no Satanist.

They simply excommunicate themselves. That's like a Christian renouncing their god. Once it happens, they're no longer Christians.

There is no sin, penance and forgiveness in the Church of Satan. The rules are so simple, that there simply is no need.

Comment

Wonder if I will get an apology now. Doubt it.

http://www.salemnews.com/punews/loca...235003526.html

sigpic

Comment

Instead, Watson told police, Graham hoped to frame Christian Day, a local Wiccan and businessman, after he let Graham go from his psychic telephone business last spring
                    You're famous!

I'm surprised that the witchfinder general hasn't rolled into town yet to put a stop to all the witches that are in league with Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormbeard View Post
                      You're famous!

I'm surprised that the witchfinder general hasn't rolled into town yet to put a stop to all the witches that are in league with Satan.

hehehe. It's hardly the biggest piece of news I've ever gotten but it's a piece of news I'd rather not have. This has the potential to make Witches look terrible and the COS as well, since Sharon has gone all over town claiming to be a card-carrying member of that organization. Though, unlike Witches, they actually have a hierarchy and I imagine that if she is a member, she won't be one for long.

sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I can't stand anybody who wears their religion on their sleeve like that.

LOOK AT HOW I'M A SATANIST. WATCH AS IT DEFINES ME

****ing losers.

Comment

wait which ones are nine and ten?
                          Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                          "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Originally posted by aluokaloo View Post
                            wait which ones are nine and ten?
                            9 - Do not harm little children.
                            10 - Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

Comment

ahh ok, thank you bettie
                              Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                              "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Working...
                              X