Different Kinds of Satanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Kinds of Satanism?

So I've been browsing this thread for the past two weeks because I have a friend who is a "Satanist". I wanted to know more before I just blindly judged him, so I've been reading the FAQ, and I read through The Satanic Rituals and The Devil's notebook all by LaVey. Now I like his train of thought, I like the topics he's spoke of, but between browsing threads on this forum and google searching, I've discovered that there are many kinds of Satanism.

would anyone care to help me out and explain the differences between LaVeyan and any other types of Satanism.

thanks.

ps: also on a side note, I have a different friend who is similar to a christian witch, but she was telling a group of us about her dream and a glass house (a place where satanists go to worship?) and this book which apparently only "truly evil" people come across and its filled with curses and works to evoke demons and you can't get rid of it because it's attached to you. (I don't know if any of this is true or not but it let me with more questions then she could answer.)
    Christina Sparrow

previous MW usernames: VioletStarLizard - lil'BuddhistWich - SunflowerWriter

I am a sparrow, the smallest of songbirds...

I am in the same boat you are at the moment. I'm here with a repost from the theology and philosophy forum, trying to understand. I find myself with a large curiosity for Satanism, I suppose because it is one of the religions that I know very little about. I'm going to try to do some research and if I can find an answer I'll be sure to share!
    Starlyn Trinity Saphrose

Comment

I think this site does a good job at a quick overview of the theistic forms:
      The varieties of theistic ("traditional") Satanism

There's the non-theistic ones, such as LaVeyan Satanism and similar offshoots.

And not to forget, Setian and Luciferian and others, which may or may not be theistic. Sometimes it depends on the individual, at least from my encounters with Luciferians.
      Last edited by Agaliha; October 30th, 2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowspirit View Post
        So I've been browsing this thread for the past two weeks because I have a friend who is a "Satanist". I wanted to know more before I just blindly judged him, so I've been reading the FAQ, and I read through The Satanic Rituals and The Devil's notebook all by LaVey. Now I like his train of thought, I like the topics he's spoke of, but between browsing threads on this forum and google searching, I've discovered that there are many kinds of Satanism.

would anyone care to help me out and explain the differences between LaVeyan and any other types of Satanism.

thanks.

ps: also on a side note, I have a different friend who is similar to a christian witch, but she was telling a group of us about her dream and a glass house (a place where satanists go to worship?) and this book which apparently only "truly evil" people come across and its filled with curses and works to evoke demons and you can't get rid of it because it's attached to you. (I don't know if any of this is true or not but it let me with more questions then she could answer.)
        Hi Sparrowspirit.

The link to Diane Vera's page is a great resource for the various kinds of theistic Satanism.

But I really have no idea what your friend is talking about, it sounds like she took some sort of crazy fairy tale and mistook it for fact.

As a person that has been worshiping demons for quite some time I can tell you that curses are not a necessary part of Satanism or Demonolatry. Evoking Demons, when respect is used and the proper precautions for any evokation are taken, will NEVER result in some sort of unwanted attachment or possession.
        Avage secore on ca Baalberith.

Tasa Alora foren Ashtaroth.

Comment

Thank you all for the helpful links and willing responses.

I appreciate it.
          Christina Sparrow

previous MW usernames: VioletStarLizard - lil'BuddhistWich - SunflowerWriter

I am a sparrow, the smallest of songbirds...

Comment

Working...
          X