Experiences with Satan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Satan

This question is for those who believe Satan is a real entity/deity/being.

Have you had personal experiences with Satan ? What was it like?

I suppose my first experiences of Satan were purely intellectual and probably began many years ago. In the course of my spiritual path and general growth as a person I kept finding myself drawn back to Satan and Satanic ideas. There was much that rang true for me but I always backed away because I was full of the same prejudices and misconceptions that I suppose most people are. My next "experience" was in a kind of waking dream or vision where I saw Satan as the archetypal Horned God of Paganism but forced to stay in the shadows due to all the malicious slander that was associated with his name. Following that I decided to re-investigate the whole topic of Satanism and while there was plenty that I disagreed with, I agreed with much more than I expected. However, I came to understand that any Satanist is an individual and there is really no compulsory rule book or scripture that unites all Satanists other than perhaps a desire for self gnosis and self improvement. Shortly after that I accepted that I was in essence a Satanist, and performed a short and simple ritual to mark that fact.

Following that I very soon felt his presence in a very physical way. It was a little unnerving but not frightening or unpleasant. To me his energy feels very primal and masculine yet filled with wisdom. I felt as if I was a car having a tune up, or as if my internal graphic equalizer was being re-set subtly. I noticed a few slight changes in attitude and priorities, and even some small but pleasant physical changes. But it wasn't as if something was being done to me. It was a joint effort over which I had a veto at any time. And I guess that process is continuing.
    His presence is powerful and I dare say would not be to everybody's taste.
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

Comment

Like Cassie, I had misconceptions and preconceived notions of "Satanism" that were erroneous and startled me when I first found myself drawn to the Satanic. My experiences didn't begin with Satan Himself, but with various Demonic entities when I was called to the path of Demonolatry. Satan Himself only came to me later - rather unexpectedly - during a Shamanic journey. I encountered Him as just a man of somewhat dark complexion with black curly hair, stockily built and honestly rather jovial. He introduced Himself to me and I was perplexed as to what it was He wanted (having preconceptions, though unfortunate, that He was not to be trusted). He laughed and was amused that I distrusted Him initially - although He didn't chide me about it. He indicated that He had claimed me - and I soon came to understand Him and the rest is history really.

I am a firm believer in the notion that deities/entities/spiritual beings do not always manifest to every person in the exact same way. For instance, a being may manifest itself as a Polar Bear to one person and a monster to another. It's difficult to speculate as to what Satan's "actual" being "looks" like outside of His theophanies to those who have encountered Him.

But I have only really "encountered" Satan Himself, as in what I would insist is as close to "physical" as possible, within the context of Shamanic journey. Inviting Satan into ritual is something else entirely - and as Cassie has pointed out, His presence can be overwhelming. I find it interesting that, even though there is not necessarily an inherent "connection" between Satan and what I refer to as Demons, They all seem to emanate an almost chaotic energy - very strong. I have had experiences in which I felt dizzy due to the quality of the vibrations within the environment when Demons were present. Just an observation.
      sigpic
      "Ihr seht nach oben, wenn ihr nach Erhebung verlangt. Und ich sehe hinab, weil ich erhoben bin." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
      X