Satanists, white males, and other acceptable targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEishin
    Well think about it - so many people new to Paganism come from religions that preach "the one true way" (snort, chuckle, laugh, whatever). It's hard to overcome that conditioning. I'm *not* making excuses for that type of behavior - discrimination is discrimination.

In addition, Satanism is so misunderstood my many of us, that we only have what the media reports about it. When was the last time the media in your area got Witchcraft/Wicca right?

Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on this. I'm a pagan myself, but I feel it is wrong to bvelittle or thrash someone based on a one-sided view point. Many pagans and Wiccans alike would be infuriated if someone bashed their ways... so why stoop to that sophmoric level? Who knows... it is somewhat pathetic that so many have judged before they have educated themselves on the very topic that they are bashing. It's disturbing to me, but I guess some people will never learn the true meanuing of respect for other paths.
    sigpic
    "...The angels are injured ...Fall with broken burning wings... Are we dead inside? ...Are we blind? ...We can't keep moving forward...Backwards with closed eyes.. We're losing sight...All lost inside...."
    Fall Into Sleep: Mudvayne

Lady Khaibit

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Khaibit
      but I guess some people will never learn the true meanuing of respect for other paths.
      Hello! Nice of you to revive this thread....oh yeah, there is a lot of argument about what exactly it means to respect other paths. I think you would find some other threads here very interesting reads on this type of topic;
      In the "Paths" forum "Watering Down the Paths, the I respect Crime" is a perfect example, also another of my posts generated some interesting conversation of a similar nature.....In the Paths forum: "Core Beliefs of your path"

So glad to see you posting so much after only being here a short time, and look forward to reading more from you.
      DK

Dont' say things never change! Everything changes....some people just choose not to see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Darakash
        Hello! Nice of you to revive this thread....oh yeah, there is a lot of argument about what exactly it means to respect other paths. I think you would find some other threads here very interesting reads on this type of topic;
        In the "Paths" forum "Watering Down the Paths, the I respect Crime" is a perfect example, also another of my posts generated some interesting conversation of a similar nature.....In the Paths forum: "Core Beliefs of your path"

So glad to see you posting so much after only being here a short time, and look forward to reading more from you.
        DK

Yeah, I saw it and it reaaly grabbed me, I felt very compelled to speak out my opinion of this issue. Because it has become an issue. Far too many people of the Craft are turning their noses up at the way others practice and believe. Do they forget that not but 4 centuaries ago, "Witches" were hanged, burned, drowned, tortured, and executed for what they practice ( and many weren't, they were just victims in a mass hysteria caused by lack of education and ignorance! )... so why today in these modern times are some people of the path turning into the very essence of hatred and intolerance? It's becoming like a rampantly speading disease that is festering at the fabric of the Magickal communities.

It baffles me that so many are becoming more or less no better than the fundamentalists who are striving to take away our religious and spiritual freedoms. Instead of bickering amoungst each other, we, the magickal communities should be uniting against this sort of intolerant behavior. It's an oxymoron for someone to say that they love and repect everyone, as they turn their noses up at different "Craft" practioners. How is that even relavent at this point? Doesn't that in turn just make them posers?

What some people are failing to understand, is that even as we sit in our homes and refuse to accept the ways of others, there are people striving to make what WE all as a Magickal community disapear! So with that said, what side will you be on, the side that is striving to dismantle all that is Magick? Or the side that's going to be theree to keep ALL the Traditions, Paths and Sects alive? Me? I'm going fight this attitude head on!

Ok, I got a little eccentric there for a moment, but this is truly how on this matter. That being said.... discuss.
        Last edited by Lady Khaibit; January 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM. Reason: I can't spell
        sigpic
        "...The angels are injured ...Fall with broken burning wings... Are we dead inside? ...Are we blind? ...We can't keep moving forward...Backwards with closed eyes.. We're losing sight...All lost inside...."
        Fall Into Sleep: Mudvayne

Lady Khaibit

Comment

Some witches got mad when I said that I used a Devil candle. Give me a break, I'll use what I want. I personally have no problem with Satanists. Their flashy, some of them, but they generally know what's going on in the world. Did you see the Satanist on 'The Secret Lives of Women." Now that girl knows what's going on and her car is sooo cool.

My personal view: Leave the Satanists alone and move on with your own pathetic life.

Comment

I have never, and will never, denigrate satanists as a whole. My reason is simple. I have yet to run into one that was a bastard because of satanism.

Now, I have been known to say things about Christians in general. My reasons being that their FAITH is often the reason that they do something. Such as the solicitors that show up on my doorstep at 830. in the morning.

Or the folks that like to leave spam on my door. Or the supervisor that told my husband to divorce me because I'm pagan.

I have yet to meet a Satanist that spews ignorance and intolerance based upon their beliefs however.
            Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Kraheera View Post
              I have never, and will never, denigrate satanists as a whole. My reason is simple. I have yet to run into one that was a bastard because of satanism.

Now, I have been known to say things about Christians in general. My reasons being that their FAITH is often the reason that they do something. Such as the solicitors that show up on my doorstep at 830. in the morning.

Or the folks that like to leave spam on my door. Or the supervisor that told my husband to divorce me because I'm pagan.

I have yet to meet a Satanist that spews ignorance and intolerance based upon their beliefs however.
              Don't you hate that about these people that leave their shite on your door. I've got no problem with Satanists, their more religious then some people that I know. I also hate that their laughed at or mocked. As for that stupid supervisor, he doesn't run the show and he never will. Tell him to take a hike, girl.

Comment

I think it's funny how judgemental people are about other faiths particularily in the pagan community. Although I have been taken to taks for being bigoted against Muslims I honestly don't care who or what you worship as long as you mind your business and are a decent person.

Having said that I am moving along the lines of Christo-pagan (sort of, I haven't worked it all out yet) I have no issue at all with Satanists my cousin was a fraid to come out of the closet when I told him I was pagan, because he thought I might have issues with him over it. I told him it was all good as long as he's a decent person it doesn't matter who or what he believes in.

When I was looking into Christo-paganism I had only come across really negative things from pagans and Christians alike. I could understand the hostility from Christians but pagans? I couldn't understand why? I still don't get what is supposed to be a "no one true way" professing people trying to say what is and isn't acceptable as a religion.

Honestly!

Kaheera, I'd offer you a good binding spell for that supervisor but he's already full of crap. Maybe he simply needs some extra bran and prune juice in his diet? Perhaps your hubby could suggest that the next time the jackass brays!

GW

Comment

Working...
                X