Fallen from Grace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen from Grace

This morning I was lying in bed, when I heard in my subconscious something that was : "You were put here for a reason" , and I heard this in a quiet voice. Then, I felt a call to Shamanism and Native American Spirituality. I started thinking about how different it would have been if the Europeans hadn't invaded America and taken the land from the Natives. I wonder, now that we're in an age of so much pollution, climate change, etc. if the truth has finally caught up to us all. There is no reward for greed, evil,... We have lost touch with our human nature. Imagine how beautiful America and the rest of the world could have been if Imperialism hadn't ever existed.

How do we move forward?

I personally feel that there will be a major awakening; or shift in awareness in the near future. All we can do as individuals is live by example and teach our future children

Comment

Originally posted by Kalinda View Post
      This morning I was lying in bed, when I heard in my subconscious something that was : "You were put here for a reason" , and I heard this in a quiet voice. Then, I felt a call to Shamanism and Native American Spirituality. I started thinking about how different it would have been if the Europeans hadn't invaded America and taken the land from the Natives. I wonder, now that we're in an age of so much pollution, climate change, etc. if the truth has finally caught up to us all. There is no reward for greed, evil,... We have lost touch with our human nature. Imagine how beautiful America and the rest of the world could have been if Imperialism hadn't ever existed.

How do we move forward?
      Exterminate humanity and once the slate has been wiped clean wait for some other creature to evolve to sentience
      "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

Comment

Ten to one the next evolved species will do exactly what we have.

We can stop worrying and wringing our hands over and cursing the past, which we can't change, and work towards our future.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
        The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

Get a better, more thorough, less dichotomized understanding of the history of this particular chunk of land. Genocide is terrible, and it's still happening here, but the answer isn't necessarily to say "white people bad" and "we screwed everything up". Look at what is instead of what could have been, roll up your sleeves, and start doing some work. Volunteering is a great place to start.

Also, be wary of romanticizing indigenous peoples. Their beliefs do not exist just so we can say "Ooooh, shiny earthy people!"
          http://www.thegreenwolf.com (my main website with books, artwork and other goodies)
          http://lupabitch.livejournal.com (I'm quite active on Livejournal)
          http://paganbookreviews.com(book review blog)
          http://therioshamanism.com (my path)
          My Etsy Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Lupabitch View Post
            Get a better, more thorough, less dichotomized understanding of the history of this particular chunk of land. Genocide is terrible, and it's still happening here, but the answer isn't necessarily to say "white people bad" and "we screwed everything up". Look at what is instead of what could have been, roll up your sleeves, and start doing some work. Volunteering is a great place to start.

Also, be wary of romanticizing indigenous peoples. Their beliefs do not exist just so we can say "Ooooh, shiny earthy people!"
            QFTW!

I can't tell you how irritating it is when people treat me like a mystical unicorn because I'm a Native who actually knows a lot about my culture, not to mention several other tribes, and I speak my language. I try to be patient because a lot of it is coming from a place of genuine curiosity and fascination, but sometimes my tongue bleeds from how much I've got to bite it. =P
            Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
            "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
            "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
            Spiritual blog:
            Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Comment

A wider education is invaluable. And by wider, I mean wider than what one already has and from alternate positions.
              I've been :vanish: by Astara

Comment

Get a better, more thorough, less dichotomized understanding of the history of this particular chunk of land. Genocide is terrible, and it's still happening here, but the answer isn't necessarily to say "white people bad" and "we screwed everything up".
                Agreed. "Red/Black/Yellow People Good, White People Bad," is a disastrous oversimplification. Being militantly opposed to technology in a completely non-discriminating, generalised way is unhealthy as well.

Good engineering doesn't consist of doing anything other than following Nature's example. It can't, by definition. In hermetic terms, using metal as a building material also isn't "unnatural," either. Where we've primarily gone wrong has been partly in our overuse of oil, and partly in designing industrial systems which always optimise around a single metric, rather than recognising that Nature is a system which is composed of a large number of different variables, and all of them need to be taken into consideration.
                "I worship the greatly beautiful one, with limbs the colour of thunderclouds, who is naked and sits on the corpse of Shiva, who has three eyes and earrings made of the bones of two young handsome boys, who is garlanded with skulls and flowers. In her lower left and upper right hands she holds a man's head and a sword, her other two hands bestowing boons and banishing fear. Her hair is greatly dishevelled."

-- Chapter 13, The
                Brihad Nila Tantra.

Comment

Working...
                X