Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Disconnected

Merry Meet, Everyone,

Lately I've been feeling disconnected and really depressed. I meditated on the problem and then decided to set back up my Wiccan altar. I had to take it down a couple of years ago because my mother, who totally thinks that just because I've got no choice but to live with her due to not being able to find a job (I had a seasonal one a couple of years ago) and I don't have any money saved up for my own place, that she can control my life and my path. I consecrated it to the God Odin and the Goddess Freya and lit my first candle there in over three years.

I asked Odin and Freya to guide me and to protect me. I know that some will judge me because of what I've said but I don't personally care. I'm the one that has to live with my mother, not anyone else. Encouragement, not judgment, is needed for a returning Wiccan and witch.

Blessed Be

Our paths are personal to ourselves, and we don't practice to please others. I hope you're able to get to where you want to go.

Blessings
    Semper Fidelis

Comment

Originally posted by MicheŁ„l View Post
      Our paths are personal to ourselves, and we don't practice to please others. I hope you're able to get to where you want to go.

Blessings
      I agree with you. I've come to realize that, as an adult, my mother doesn't control me. She can't even kick me out of the house because I have medical problems and so does she. She would end up killing me and that's not something that she wants to do. My brother is totally supportive of me, which is great. It's great to be back in Wicca, the depression has left me and I feel whole. Can't wait for the Summer Solstice.

Comment

I hear ya!

Merry Meet!!!

I also live with my parents and have several chronic medical problems. My parents and I have come to an understanding that my bedroom is my private space as their bedroom (and bath) is theirs and that I will follow the rules as long as they are reasonable (read: not the same as when I was 16 since I'm in my 40's now). If I don't agree with a rule, we WILL discuss it calmly and come to a compromise. So far, it's working.

When I decided to follow the Path, my mother was curious but not exactly supportive. Dad doesn't seem to care/understand. However, having my altar in my room was a problem for my mother. I reminded her that the agreement was as long as the room is presentable when the door is open, there wouldn't be a problem. So, my altar is placed along the wall that can't be seen unless you walk into the room. Perhaps that would work for you... maybe your mom won't be as "offended" or judgmental if she can't see the altar every time she walks by. You are entitled to your own choice of religion as is she. You might also show her that you are respectful of her choice of religion (or lack of one) and would like her to be respectful of yours.

You might also ask her to read the book "Paganism: an Introduction to Earth-centered Religions" by Joyce & River Higgenbotham. It's very informative for the non-Pagan, easy to understand and explains the religion sufficiently without going into the fine details. My mom did and has a better understanding of my choice but still she thinks that when I go to a full moon rite, we dance nekkid in the parking lot! Would be interesting however, there are laws about that in the city limits :hahugh:

Hope this helps - Blessed Be!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeLady View Post
          Merry Meet!!!

I also live with my parents and have several chronic medical problems. My parents and I have come to an understanding that my bedroom is my private space as their bedroom (and bath) is theirs and that I will follow the rules as long as they are reasonable (read: not the same as when I was 16 since I'm in my 40's now). If I don't agree with a rule, we WILL discuss it calmly and come to a compromise. So far, it's working.

When I decided to follow the Path, my mother was curious but not exactly supportive. Dad doesn't seem to care/understand. However, having my altar in my room was a problem for my mother. I reminded her that the agreement was as long as the room is presentable when the door is open, there wouldn't be a problem. So, my altar is placed along the wall that can't be seen unless you walk into the room. Perhaps that would work for you... maybe your mom won't be as "offended" or judgmental if she can't see the altar every time she walks by. You are entitled to your own choice of religion as is she. You might also show her that you are respectful of her choice of religion (or lack of one) and would like her to be respectful of yours.

You might also ask her to read the book "Paganism: an Introduction to Earth-centered Religions" by Joyce & River Higgenbotham. It's very informative for the non-Pagan, easy to understand and explains the religion sufficiently without going into the fine details. My mom did and has a better understanding of my choice but still she thinks that when I go to a full moon rite, we dance nekkid in the parking lot! Would be interesting however, there are laws about that in the city limits :hahugh:

Hope this helps - Blessed Be!!!!
          I read their Christopagan book and I really liked it. I have it out of sight so that if you want to see the altar you have to walk in, just like you have it. Of course thanks to the fact that my mother went through the Police Academy and was told what the laws are when it comes personal property and stuff then she won't touch anything. That I can be grateful for.

Comment

I felt the same way once I walked away from Wicca. But I felt it was neccessary for me in order to grow, the problem was that I felt like I was all over the place with my spirituality. So after some time of wandering and exploring I realized that Wicca was/is the right path for me. As for your living situation, just try and keep it civil. I know that living with relatives isn't always
            a piece of cake but you gotta do what you gotta do. BB

Comment

About a year ago, I drifted away from Wicca as a path due to being just disillusioned and feeling no connection to it or the gods. Not that I totally ceased being a polytheist, though there were moments where I seriously questioned it, I just felt kinda detached and lost. I think part of the reason was seeing the bad reputation it gets from fluffy-bunny types everywhere, and never having really had a deeply personal experience with the gods.
              But I gradually edged back towards Wicca a few months ago after learning that my girlfriend had taken an interest in it and had had some experiences that she couldn't quite explain. I was a big source of information and history for her, and helped her along knowing more about the path, which re-kindled my interest in it. And recently we decided to practise together, though still technically solitary practitioners. We did research, bought some books, acquired all the tools and things to make an altar, and performed a rite to dedicate ourselves to our patron gods. And I finally felt what I'd been trying to feel for years- an actual connection.

Sometimes, you just got to wait and see. But whatever path you end up on, good luck to you.

Comment

I recently set up an 'altar' again myself. I'm sort of figuring beliefs out again but I feel connected to the God and Goddess and am meditating and praying again. I kind of wanted to connect with a more specific deity but no name is standing out beyond Goddess. Maybe Mother Goddess but that's as specific as I'm feeling.
                My Online Journal

Comment

Working...
                X