I'm asking for advice on two topics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm asking for advice on two topics.

1) I have been studying Wicca as a solitairy for about two years now, and have studied multiple books. I am looking for more to study, I don't think I can ever stop learning. My collection currently consists of books by Higginbotham, Cunningham, Holland, Buckland, Greer, Conway, Amber K, and the Witchschool 1st degree. I also have a list of books I plan to buy.
    As I said, I always looking for more to study, though my main interest is Wicca. I also took about 7 months of the first degree class before I realized the Correllian tradition wasn't for me though I still plan to buy the other two degree books to see what else I can learn from them.

2) I made the decision before Imbolc, being as there isn't a single Wiccan group within my county, and the only ones I know of that are relitively close, are a bit further than I am able to travel, that on Beltaine, I would start holding Sabbats with some of my friends. I have had it in mind, probably after a full turn of the wheel, that I see if the group is ready to expand to more than just the Sabbats. Call it a coven, eclectic group, or whatever else you want. I am simply looking for suggestions on how to expand if and when the time comes.

Have you checked to see if there are any pagan meetup groups in the area? That can be a good way to meet some kindred spirits.

Comment

I would use it as an "open circle" kind of thing for now. This way multiple paths can come together and learn from each other, without any ideological differences causing major strife.
      Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Moonwitch, there are two groups nearby me. Both are further than I am able to travel regularly, though I have made many friends from the few times I was able to attend.
        Kraheera, that is my plan for now, and probably for at least a year and a day.

Comment

1. Starhawk's "The Spiral Dance" is something I consider a must for anyone to own if they are even remotely interested in neopaganism or Wicca in general. I lost my copy a couple of years ago, but despite not being on that life-path anymore I still want to replace it.

2. A natural expansion of Sabbats would be celebrating Esbats together if possible and if all hold to them.
          Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't have that book yet, though I do have many others.
            I don't really know how it will all expand or if it will yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ěŽon Flux View Post
              1. Starhawk's "The Spiral Dance" is something I consider a must for anyone to own if they are even remotely interested in neopaganism or Wicca in general. I lost my copy a couple of years ago, but despite not being on that life-path anymore I still want to replace it.

2. A natural expansion of Sabbats would be celebrating Esbats together if possible and if all hold to them.
              The Spiral Dance has nothing to do with Wicca its all Fairy or Goddess Worship in an almost Dianic fashion. My self I'd not reccomend it any more than I would recommend Z Budapest for anything not Dianic or feminist goddess worship.

Comment

Originally posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
                The Spiral Dance has nothing to do with Wicca its all Fairy or Goddess Worship in an almost Dianic fashion. My self I'd not reccomend it any more than I would recommend Z Budapest for anything not Dianic or feminist goddess worship.
                That's personal preference and just fine, but Spiral Dance is inspirational for a lot of Wiccans and is oft-recommended for that reason. But my personal thought is that it's worthwhile to learn about other religions than you're own, and take what you can get from each.
                My Online Journal

Comment

Working...
                X