Non-Wiccan Witch Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Wiccan Witch Roll Call

It's easy to find Wiccan and Wiccan-derived witches on the internet and on MysticWicks, but harder to find those who practice non-Wiccan witchcraft, whether as part of an established tradition or as a solitary.

So -- any non-Wiccan witches here on MysticWicks? Tell us what tradition you are part of (if any) and what your variety of witchcraft is about! Is your form of witchcraft a religion or is it a practice that might or might not be done within your religious practice?

Is your witchcraft descended from Robert Cochrane (1734 or Clan of Tubal Cain, or perhaps another one?) Are you a member of the Cultus Sabbati? Do you base your work on Michael Ford's books? Is your witchcraft one that has been handed down within your family line? Is your witchcraft based on magickal practices or magickal religions from non-English cultures?

Tell us more!
    Yes, my witchcraft is descended from Robert Cochrane's work.
    1.17%
    Yes, I'm a member of the Cultus Sabbati.
    0.29%
    Yes, I practice a non-Wiccan witchcraft family tradition taught to me by my relatives.
    7.89%
    Yes, my witchcraft is descended from the teachings of Victor and Cora Anderson.
    3.80%
    Yes, my witchcraft is my own non-Wiccan system that I created myself.
    47.08%
    Yes, my witchcraft is based on a magickal system from a non-English culture.
    5.85%
    Yes, I'm a Christian witch (not Christian Wiccan.)
    4.39%
    Other (please explain in a post!)
    19.30%
    No, I consider myself to be Wiccan.
    10.23%

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

I practice stregoneria, which is not the same as Raven Grimassi's Stregheria, and conjure.

Comment

I practice my own creation. Partially informed by Wicca, partially based in personal gnosis, and partially based on older folklore.
      Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Gruagach
        Is your witchcraft descended from Robert Cochrane (1734 or Clan of Tubal Cain, or perhaps another one?)
        This would be it! Although I'm VERY new to this. Prior, I was just solitary.
        Last edited by WitchCraftWeaver; May 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM.
        WitchCraftWeaver sigpic

THE EXPLANATION OF ANY PHENOMENON SHOULD MAKE AS FEW ASSUMPTIONS AS POSSIBLE, ELIMINATING THOSE THAT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OBSERVABLE PREDICTIONS OF THE EXPLANATORY HYPOTHESIS OR THEORY
        (Translation for those of you NOT paying attention - "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best.") William of Ockham (Occam's Razor)

Comment

I practice a combination of healing techniques and social influences I learnt at martial arts training, and a reincarnation based eclectic religion holding bits of Kemetic and Thelemite ideas.
          Last edited by Xentor; May 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM.
          Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
          Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

I practice a personal evolutionary form of Witchcraft focused on the Divine as panentheistic and archetypal, with influences from Buddhism, Taoism, LaVeyan Satanism, Kemeticism, and Hellenism. More recently I've included bits I'm studying from Feri Witchcraft, Shamanism, and Druidry.
            Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Something of my own creation, certainly, mostly kitchen and hedgewitchery, though.

Comment

I dont consider myself anything or practice anything.

Unless you count new years when i go to a buddhist temple with my parents for prayers and offerings for a good new year.

Oh and when someone gets married or dies we do the christian thing for half of the family and the buddhist tradition for the other half.

Comment

My own plus what my family has taught me
                  "I am the lake upon a plain"~Amhairghin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  MSN: [email protected]
                  Yahoo: arianrhods_moondaughter

Comment

My path is a combination of folk, ceremonial, and hedge traditions.
                    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
                    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Comment

I'm a Hedgewitch influenced by Cochrane's work, though I'm not and don't aspire to be a member of the traditions descended from him. I really don't know how I'd describe my path, and I'm not that comfortable with the thought of doing so... I guess you could say I walk into dreams wide awake. I worship the Gods that live in the Land, behind it, under it, beyond it. Beyond that I cannot say...

Cheers,

Semjaza
                      FFFF
                      "Being Nietzschean requires one to think apart from him, starting from the spot where the "work in progress" that is philosophy was transformed by his passage. He called for unfaithful disciples who, by their betrayal, would prove their loyalty. He wanted people to obey him by following themselves and no one else, not even him. Particularly not him."
                      -- Michel Onfray, In Defense of Atheism

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Gruagach
                        It's easy to find Wiccan and Wiccan-derived witches on the internet and on MysticWicks, but harder to find those who practice non-Wiccan witchcraft, whether as part of an established tradition or as a solitary.

So -- any non-Wiccan witches here on MysticWicks? Tell us what tradition you are part of (if any) and what your variety of witchcraft is about! Is your form of witchcraft a religion or is it a practice that might or might not be done within your religious practice?

Is your witchcraft descended from Robert Cochrane (1734 or Clan of Tubal Cain, or perhaps another one?) Are you a member of the Cultus Sabbati? Do you base your work on Michael Ford's books? Is your witchcraft one that has been handed down within your family line? Is your witchcraft based on magickal practices or magickal religions from non-English cultures?

Tell us more!
                        I practice my own flavour of witchcraft...it's based upon wicca with influences from the research i've done on traditional witchcraft. I'm still researching and finding my current path, so it may change...i expect it to actually as i still feel i haven't exactly found what i'm looking for...
                        ~*~ )o( Blessings in Shadow & Light! )o( ~*~

~ Semper Fi ~

Comment

I practice from my own mixed bag of beliefs. However my fondation comes from my mother and the rest of my family. I molded out practices from the fondation that was taught to me by my mother and father. Who both taught me something different.

I have gone to look for myself
                          If I should come back before I return
                          please sit me down
                          and tell me to wait for myself.

Comment

I voted "other". I started off as a Wiccan, but felt drawn to break away from the structure of the Wiccan path. Now I dance to my own drummer, and let my ritual work take me where my spirit leads. If that means quiet meditation, I'll do that. If it means dancing around my altar, why not? I draw from many cultures and paths, but I would, by no means, consider myself Wiccan anymore.

Isara Creations handmade beaded jewelry
                            Free Yoga Classes - Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama.

Comment

I don't practise witchcraft, but magic. It is not influenced by Wicca at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X