Dracoinc Witchcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracoinc Witchcraft

hmmmmmmmmmmm am i the only one who follows this path...and why can i never find and decant info on dracoinic gods and goddesses with out it being from dnd or anther f'd up rpg

sigpic

1.my companions are sea, land and sky.
    2.my shield is reverence for life.
    3.my armour is tranqulity and insight.
    4.my weapons are fortitude and awareness.
    this is the dragonic code. this is what i live by.
    this is my life. in essence i am a knight of the dragonic code.

i used to be schitzo but we're all beter now :boing: :spinner: :spinnysmi

Originally posted by dragonsfollower
    hmmmmmmmmmmm am i the only one who follows this path...and why can i never find and decant info on dracoinic gods and goddesses with out it being from dnd or anther f'd up rpg
    It's kind of OT, but when I wiki 'Draco' I get:

"Draco (IPA pronunciation: [ˈdreikoʊ]) was the first law scribe of ancient Athens, Greece, seventh century B.C. The laws, transcribed in 621 BC when he was archon eponymous, were particularly harsh: the death penalty was the punishment for even minor offences. Any debtor whose status was lower than that of his creditor was forced into slavery. The punishment was more lenient for those who owed their debt to a member of a lower class. The stringency of these laws gave rise to expressions such as "draconian punishment", "draconian laws", and more generally, the far-reaching "draconian measures." Nonetheless, his laws strengthened Athens greatly. Draco's code was later largely revised by Solon, in the early 6th century BC, with the exception of his homicide laws.[1]

Draco may have been the first to codify Athenian law or at least comprehensively record the laws; contrary to popular belief, however, he was not the creator of those laws."

Numerous times I have seen people with your beliefs referencing them (as 'draconic') and, to me, this just reads as 'harsh'. Who was Draco apart from the severe Athenian? Was the severe Athenian named after 'dragon'? Any relation at all?

'Dragonic', as in your sig, reads much more clearly to me.
    *I am a mystic and work through Imbas rather than re-constructive archeology. Lore, history, and research are vital tools and permit us to validate and amplify communications we recieve. Disagreement and referencing of materials are also welcome benchmarks. What I say is not the 'Truth' but only my perception/opinion/belief and I am happy to give the same consideration to everyone else's point of view.*

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

"everyone [is] entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." Stephen Colbert

Comment

Hmmm... the only things that really spring to mind when you mention dragons and witchcraft are:

1) the goddess Tiamat

2) The Draconian Grimoire: The Dragon-Book of Essex by Andrew Chumbley of the Cultus Sabbati which I think is more about traditional witchcraft (after his Azoetia): http://www.caduceusbooks.com/occulta...us/cultus.html

3) Dancing with Dragons by ?D.J. Conway?

4) The Witches' Voice article on the Draconian Path: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.htm...=trads&id=3758

I haven't read either of the books that I mentioned, because Conway's topic doesn't interest me and Chumbley's costs over £100 per copy...

I'm sure I've seen threads about this before, could you tell us more about your path?

Cheers,

Semjaza
      FFFF
      "Being Nietzschean requires one to think apart from him, starting from the spot where the "work in progress" that is philosophy was transformed by his passage. He called for unfaithful disciples who, by their betrayal, would prove their loyalty. He wanted people to obey him by following themselves and no one else, not even him. Particularly not him."
      -- Michel Onfray, In Defense of Atheism

Comment

I've heard of the Draconian path before (i think it's more wiccan based, as it believes that 'the' dragon is the combined force of 'The Goddess and the God'), I'm not sure about Chumbley, but i think he's an excellant source on Traditional witchcraft (although i haven't read his books, as like Semjaza said, they're very expensive), as for Tiamet, that might be worth looking into
        (although i don't know too much about her, but i'm interested in Sumerian and Babylonian reconstructionism).

Also, you could look into the Chinese religions, as, from what i've heard, dragons are big part of that.

Comment

Working...
        X