Manx Witchcraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manx Witchcraft?

Wow, I haven't posted in a while, so firstly, I'd like to say hello to everyone.

I really hope that I don't sound stupid as I'm typing this.

I've recently started studying Celtic Mythology a bit more, and I've found myself deeply drawn to the Isle of Man. This is also be because I have a very deep relationship/connection with Manannan Mac Lir. I would like to learn more about the Isle of Man and the religious and spiritual practices/traditions it's people. I've tried searching for sites that are specifically about Manx Witchcraft, but I can't find much.

Does anyone know any sites or other sources of information about it?

i was there years ago, but unfortunately i didn't know about Gerald Gardner's museum at the time. however you might try Googling that and see if anything comes up.
    some people are like slinkies -
    not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when they are pushed downs the stairs.

True enlightenment comes from discovering principles which challenge your spiritual view, not from inventing principles to confirm it.

Comment

I've tried quite a bit, but I guess I'm not typing in the right things. That's why I've come here to see if anyone has any sources of information (Or words I'm missing - or if there's a tradition that relates to it that has a specific name that I have no clue of.)

Thanks for replying/helping, though. I'll keep fishing.^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Theres
        i was there years ago, but unfortunately i didn't know about Gerald Gardner's museum at the time. however you might try Googling that and see if anything comes up.
        The Witchcraft Museum moved to Boscastle, Cornwall many years ago.

As far as I can see, the Manks followed broadly the same practices as the other Celtic nations.

gwyn eich byd

Ffred
        Ticfa Tلlcenn
        Tar muir mercenn
        a thrي thollcenn,
        a chrann crombcenn.

Canfaid mيchrلbud
        a méis ي n-airthuir a thige;
        fris-gérat a muinter uile:
        Amén, Amén.

Comment

There are a few texts on Manx folklore here at the Sacred-Texts.com website that might be of interest to you.

Ben Gruagach
          MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
          author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
          visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
          read my LiveJournal blog
          find me on Facebook

Comment

I you ever get to Isle of Mann, I do highly recommend you going to the Town of Peel where they have the Museum: House of Mannanan.

They also have Peel Castle, and our Corrin Tower on Corrin's Hill.

If you read over my thread: "Family Ancestral Pilgrimage", you will find the Spiritual Passing On Ritual I did for my Ancestral Cousin Thomas Corrin.

Who knows, you may have a Fascination with the Isle of Mann because you may have been Manx during your previous Lifetime.

Ki No Ronin

Comment

BTW: Here is the Manx official Triskelle Symbol, which is the Three Legged Symbol of the Isle of Mann:

Comment

I found a Great Virtual Tour that someone posted on the Internet of the House of Manannan!

Click on!:
                http://www.pbase.com/ronnieyang/image/34500226

KNR

Comment

I would also suggest reading The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries by W.Y. Evans-Wentz. This book has some of the best and most complete information out there on the beliefs of the various Celtic speaking tribes.

Comment

Working...
                  X