Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are you a Witch who objects to being called Wiccan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally respect the Christian Witch path. I even picked up a book called Christopaganism, the Allusive Path. I learned a lot about Christianity that I never knew and I deeply respect those that choose to walk that path. Glad to see the thread staying straight .

Note: I hope I spelled part of that book right.

Comment

• Do I get all bent out of shape about it? No, not unless they keep pushing the issue after I have told them otherwise. That however, is a different matter.

Comment

• Not Wiccan, I've never even entertained the idea.. long learned that I can not be other than I am.... I sometimes long for a more explicable definition, for conversation purposes.. however.. I am not offended by the assumption but when given the opportunity, I will correct the association... It's like saying all Christians are Methodist... Similar, familiar but unique and often worlds apart...
        sigpic

Comment

• If i'm called a Wiccan i don't really get upset, i just set people straight - BUT i can't handle statements like "All witches are Wiccans, Wicca is the witch's religion" and "Witchcraft, also known as Wicca" - Ergh. See red instantly. If you're going to write about something or talk about something at least try to have a little knowledge about the subject before you start.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
          The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodkitten View Post
            BUT i can't handle statements like "All witches are Wiccans, Wicca is the witch's religion" and "Witchcraft, also known as Wicca" - Ergh. See red instantly. If you're going to write about something or talk about something at least try to have a little knowledge about the subject before you start.
            Totally agree. I personally don't care if someone calls me Wiccan, they can believe what they want, though one bit of a descent conversation with me about beliefs points very far away from Wicca. I've actually found that more people are comfortable in thinking you're a Wiccan witch, instead of a wicked witch, which at times is nice. I will never tell someone I'm Wiccan, but I'm not going to shouting around about how I'm a witch. That just gets you funny looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodkitten View Post
              - BUT i can't handle statements like "All witches are Wiccans, Wicca is the witch's religion" and "Witchcraft, also known as Wicca" - Ergh.
              I don't know how many times I've seen that on Wiccan sites or book descriptions.

Like, REALLY??? Apparently anyone can publish things these days. Witchcraft and Wicca are not synonymous.

And I dislike being tricked into reading a book about "Witchcraft" only to find out half way through the book that I need to cast a circle lmao.
              Last edited by herbal_legends; September 28th, 2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• I'm telling you it's going to suck when I start practicing folk magic full time and they call me a Wiccan. Seeing red, big time.

Comment

• I don't ever really call myself a witch, but I'll chime in and say that I'm a pagan who objects to being called Wiccan. I don't get angry about it, but it does make me *sigh* that there are a lot of people out there who think that all pagans are wiccans.

So tie me to a post and block my ears
                  I can see widows and orphans through my tears
                  I know my call despite my faults
                  And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
                  And I won't let you choke
                  On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
                  And I will change my ways
                  I'll know my name as it's called again
                  ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight

Comment

• True but others might.

Comment

Working...
                    X